PDA

View Full Version : send bug report to Nvidia ... who ?

caldas
03-24-04, 09:29 AM
Who i send a bug report to Nvidia ?
what e-mail ?

OWA
03-24-04, 09:59 PM
Who i send a bug report to Nvidia ?
what e-mail ?
You have to go through the company that made your card. If you have a PNY card, go through PNY, if you have a Gainward card, go through Gainward, etc.

Edit: Here's the link that explains all that.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

particleman
03-25-04, 01:58 AM
Which I find doesn't work. The card manufacturers don't do a thing to design the card (other than the cooling solution) or drivers, plus I'll bet you they almost never pass along the bug reports. Just look at how long it took to get the image sharpening bug fixed, it was Unwinder that finally fixed it and he informed nVidia through a nVidia email he knows.

Although ATi's drivers aren't necessarily better, they do have a much better feedback system in which you can file a catalyst bug report. Plus they have people who read the Rage3D forums, major bugs are usually spotted pretty quickly and fixed.

Personally I think nVidia drivers are still better (ATi's driver team spends time on things that totally baffle me, why make a app profile system that you need to still go to the control panel to use?, why waste time on a gimmicky smartshader system that only adds postprocessing effects?), but ATi has a better feedback system.

ChrisRay
03-25-04, 02:05 AM
Which I find doesn't work. The card manufacturers don't do a thing to design the card (other than the cooling solution) or drivers, plus I'll bet you they almost never pass along the bug reports. Just look at how long it took to get the image sharpening bug fixed, it was Unwinder that finally fixed it and he informed nVidia through a nVidia email he knows.

Although ATi's drivers aren't necessarily better, they do have a much better feedback system in which you can file a catalyst bug report. Plus they have people who read the Rage3D forums, major bugs are usually spotted pretty quickly and fixed.

Personally I think nVidia drivers are still better (ATi's driver team spends time on things that totally baffle me, why make a app profile system that you need to still go to the control panel to use?, why waste time on a gimmicky smartshader system that only adds postprocessing effects?), but ATi has a better feedback system.

Ya I think ATis Feedback System is quite superior to Nvidias as well...

DSC
03-25-04, 02:27 AM
http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=313

[02:22] [SwedBear] What is NVIDIAs e-mail adress for reporting bugs? Didn't find one when I needed one badly...
[02:23] [NV_Carrie] support@nvidia.com

caldas
03-25-04, 08:24 AM
Thanks DSC

Reaper106
03-25-04, 10:52 AM
Ya I think ATis Feedback System is quite superior to Nvidias as well...
I agree. :firedevil

AthlonXP1800
03-25-04, 02:16 PM
If you sent support email and you will receive automatic email say it is non-reply email, you need to fill the form for driver bug, I done the same thing once and Nvidia responsed to my problem within 24 hours.

http://support.nvidia.com/Content/NVSupport/frmSupport.asp?RequestTypeID=10

Just use technical problem support type. :)

OWA
03-25-04, 02:30 PM
So, using the NVDVD support page works? I had thought about trying that also but I figured they'd just discard any non-NVDVD type entries.

AthlonXP1800
03-25-04, 03:47 PM
So, using the NVDVD support page works? I had thought about trying that also but I figured they'd just discard any non-NVDVD type entries.

Yeah I think so, the direct link is from the email I had from Nvidia support asked me to use the link only.