PDA

View Full Version : Odd resolution-resizing issue...

Daishi
03-24-04, 09:43 AM
I have a strange problem, ever since I got my FX5900 and updated to newer drivers... I started out with 53.03 I believe it was. Just so you know, it has occured with 53.03 up to the newest.

Here's the problem.. sometimes, when a call is made to display something new, like another internet explorer window or opening up a dialog box in windows or another program, the screen will super-size itself. It looks like it's 320x240, but the "screen" is still 1280x1024, so I only see a little corner of the upper-left most screen.

Any new window that pops up will be "correct" size, that is, it's the same size it should be on the screen, like maybe 1/6 of the screen tall, or what not, but everything else is still gigantic.

Only way I can get everything back to normal is to either change the resolution or refresh rate. It doesn't happen very often, but it happens enough to drive me crazy. Maybe one every two days. Sometimes more. Happens in either 2D, 3D.

Oh, and if it happens in 3D, namely games, sometimes it will fix itself, usually when a new object appears, like if a plane were to come in out of the fog area, the screen will go back to normal.

I have a :
Gainward Fx5900 golden sample
Asus A7n8X
512mb Corsair RAM
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
420w PSU
Latest Graphics drivers, but I'm having an issue with the Nforce driver setup. The setup initilizes, then quits out without any message... I could use help on this problem as well...

I also wonder if it could possibly be a hardware problem with the card? It occurs whether or not I overclock the video card.

k3nnis
04-13-04, 04:32 AM
Hi there.

i get the same issue with 56.72 drivers.

have you found the problem yet and also solution?

Cheers.
Kenn.

ChrisRay
04-13-04, 04:33 AM
Jeez, I have like exactly that same system, I have no idea how you are getting those issues.

k3nnis
04-13-04, 04:35 AM
Yeah i dunno why i am getting it :(

it doesn't happen all the time. from time to time.
weirddddddd

Cheers.
Kenn.

Mr JiggyFly
04-13-04, 10:04 AM
You know the solution? Forceware 6x xx. I use to get the same problem, now its gone. FOREVER

And dont tell me you dont know how to get driver ver 6x xx.

k3nnis
04-14-04, 01:19 AM
You know the solution? Forceware 6x xx. I use to get the same problem, now its gone. FOREVER

And dont tell me you dont know how to get driver ver 6x xx.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm i was using 53.03 before and i didn't get this problem. so it must be 56.72?

by the way i am using 6x.xx now and so far so good

Cheers.
Kenn.