PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 ... pretty close

bigC
03-25-04, 08:11 PM
if it isn't on the shelves, it's not close enough. :D

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=21933

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=102803

Riptide
03-25-04, 08:21 PM
Good news. This year is shaping up to be a good one eh??

bigC
03-25-04, 08:39 PM
Far Cry, Half-Life2, Doom3, Painkiller, UT2K4 ..... indeed, this should be a good year for PC gaming. :D

SH64
03-25-04, 09:29 PM
Interesting :cool2:

MUYA
03-25-04, 10:28 PM
YAY DOOM III!!! get the bugger out already ;)

stncttr908
03-26-04, 12:20 AM
Far Cry, Half-Life2, Doom3, Painkiller, UT2K4 ..... indeed, this should be a good year for PC gaming. :DUnless of course you're not a fan of first person shooters! :retard:

Let's see what else is due this year for other genres. Well, there will always be Tiger Woods, Madden, NHL, and FIFA 2005. :retard:

poursoul
03-26-04, 10:29 AM
stncttr908 - i have noticed that your "poontang meter" has been pegged for weeks. you really should consider having it only pegged when your posting while getting some. maybe back down just one notch if you got some just an hour ago or something.

sytaylor
03-26-04, 11:46 AM
in other news, caracks manned rocked will be ready in a year or so :D

Tuork
03-26-04, 12:44 PM
Far Cry, Half-Life2, Doom3, Painkiller, UT2K4 ..... indeed, this should be a good year for PC gaming. :D

Let's not forget about Pandora Tomorrow.. :cool2:

poursoul
03-26-04, 03:26 PM
Let's not forget about Pandora Tomorrow.. :cool2:

heh heh.... i'm already playing the full version....

nrdstrm
03-26-04, 05:51 PM
and for the Non-FPS fans -
World of Warcraft, Everquest II, Middle Earth Online (maybe)
Nrdstrm

ragejg
03-26-04, 06:10 PM
"# Carmack revealed that he and id thought about, and then dropped, a plan to revisit Quake II, remaking the same exact game but use an all new graphics engine as a way to show off the engine without having to concentrate on game development."

n0000es!!!! :cry: :cry:

Tuork
03-26-04, 10:09 PM
heh heh.... i'm already playing the full version....

I hate you.
:p

Clay
03-26-04, 10:16 PM
"# Carmack revealed that he and id thought about, and then dropped, a plan to revisit Quake II, remaking the same exact game but use an all new graphics engine as a way to show off the engine without having to concentrate on game development."

n0000es!!!! :cry: :cry:I would love to see that. I may be in the minority but I think Quake II was the best of the Quakes. That prolly had a lot to do with the fact that I was in college during its heyday (and when I bought my shiney new Diamond Monster II 8MB card)...man, living in a dorm with your friends that has 100Mbps wired in every room (and when MP3s and file swapping started riding bareback with reckless abandon)...ah doesn't get much better than that. :D The nailgun in Q2 is my favorite weapon of all time...ahh...so sentimental feeling right bout now. :p

Nv40
03-26-04, 10:40 PM
QUake2 game is my all time favorite quake game :)
quake2 mod community was awesome... played many mods there..
still on lans i play it.. , the gameplay and fast pace in that game was amazing.. never finished the SP .. because MP was so addictive.. hehe but it was a bonus.. many have said the QUake2 story is really good ,the problem is that was not implemented well in the game.

the tricky jumps ,the hidden chambers,the rocket jump ,the hand grenade ,the rail gun/the shotgun the BFG gun.... :eek: the traps in the MP levels ,so many good things there well made . quake3 is great ,but most of the weapons were uninspiring there. but still is fun to play it :) hope to see quake4 as a remake of quake2 in MP with the latest tech.... btw.. the info i have, points that quake4 will have many outdoors ,with many vehicles . quakecom 2004 should have the first preview of the work in progess of the game. ;)

GlowStick
03-27-04, 05:48 PM
QUake2 game is my all time favorite quake game :)
quake2 mod community was awesome... played many mods there..
still on lans i play it.. , the gameplay and fast pace in that game was amazing.. never finished the SP .. because MP was so addictive.. hehe but it was a bonus.. many have said the QUake2 story is really good ,the problem is that was not implemented well in the game.

the tricky jumps ,the hidden chambers,the rocket jump ,the hand grenade ,the rail gun/the shotgun the BFG gun.... :eek: the traps in the MP levels ,so many good things there well made . quake3 is great ,but most of the weapons were uninspiring there. but still is fun to play it :) hope to see quake4 as a remake of quake2 in MP with the latest tech.... btw.. the info i have, points that quake4 will have many outdoors ,with many vehicles . quakecom 2004 should have the first preview of the work in progess of the game. ;)
Yes, the MODS for quake 2 were the best. I wish people still played Quake II Expert CTF, best game ever!

MUYA
03-27-04, 07:47 PM
quake 2 was like in 1997? thats going back a few years :p

Nv40
03-27-04, 11:47 PM
Yes, the MODS for quake 2 were the best. I wish people still played Quake II Expert CTF, best game ever!

my favorites mods were Lokiminionsctf,JAilbreak,SUperheroes ,but later my focus went to clasic deathmatch.. :) its amazing that you never get tired of playing the same maps Q2dm1-8 again and again. is the gameplay there that makes the diference..hehe the more people the merrier.. total massive destruction and chaos is FUn ,still have not played a game with the intensity of quake2. :)

GlowStick
03-28-04, 02:01 AM
my favorites mods were Lokiminionsctf,JAilbreak,SUperheroes ,but later my focus went to clasic deathmatch.. :) its amazing that you never get tired of playing the same maps Q2dm1-8 again and again. is the gameplay there that makes the diference..hehe the more people the merrier.. total massive destruction and chaos is FUn ,still have not played a game with the intensity of quake2. :)
Ok, i played Loki's right when it came out and was server side only. Then i also played it when the first client side pack came out, and they had cool maps. Then it got really big and it was competely gay.

Then I took the overnight plung and got JailBreak (56k days) and that was so fun! Then the players stoped comming, servers became scarse and i gave up on that.

Then i went back to CTF, and i stumbled upon a expert ctf, and fell in love instantly! Played it till no one played it anymore : (

Nv40
03-28-04, 05:54 AM
i really hope to see the same support of the mod community in doom3 as good as it was in quake2 .

with sp/mp mods :D

http://www.planetquake.com/quake2/hosted/mods.shtml

because of the lack of a real single player ,good CTF , and outdoors tools,-out of the box- ,limited the mod community . team arena fixed some things but came as an expension pack..:( at times mod creators complained about that as the problem for not having X o y feature in their mods. hopefully things in Doom3 will be diferent and Quake4 seems to be that it will have the chance to surpass q2 strong community ,by the things i have seen in very early sketches ,it seems that it will be like a HAlo3 game in D3 tech + quake gameplay :)

freak77power
03-28-04, 07:13 PM
Quake2 was anything but not a good MP game...
It's ****ty like counter strike...
SP is awesome. Quake 3 MP is awesome as well

Clay
03-28-04, 08:00 PM
Quake2 was anything but not a good MP game...
It's ****ty like counter strike...
SP is awesome. Quake 3 MP is awesome as wellPerhaps not by today's standards (apples-oranges). ;) Back in its time, however, it was revolutionary.

photophreak314
03-28-04, 08:58 PM

And Pandora Tomorrow and STALKER :drooling: