PDA

View Full Version : Any place that carries Dets 6.XX?

Nitz Walsh
03-25-04, 08:25 PM
Anyone know where I can get Detonator 6.3X drivers?

Yes, I'm serious - Detonator 6 series (or even below). While everything I have runs just peachy using the latest dets on my WinXP install, one of my favourite racing games (NFS: HS, just got the EA Racing Series Pack) exhibits crap performance. I remember when the Detonators moved past 6.X, every other game was fine but Need for Speed: High Stakes performance just nosedived, and never returned with subsequent dets.

I've got a WinME partition that is basically my NFS:HS partition at this point. The only place I've found to carry these is Guru3D, but I've been trying for the past two days and the very old det links don't work.

Alternate sources?

saturnotaku
03-25-04, 10:08 PM
NVIDIA's FTP server has drivers that go all the way back to 1x.xx line.

ftp://download.nvidia.com

Use IE or an FTP client to browse around. You'll find something. Of course, you didn't mention exactly what card you own so be careful when downloading drivers. Nothing below 43.xx supports the GeForce FX.

Nitz Walsh
03-26-04, 08:06 AM
NVIDIA's FTP server has drivers that go all the way back to 1x.xx line.

ftp://download.nvidia.com

Use IE or an FTP client to browse around. You'll find something. Of course, you didn't mention exactly what card you own so be careful when downloading drivers. Nothing below 43.xx supports the GeForce FX.

Have a 4200. Unfortunately Nvidia's FTP only go back to 12.41.

saturnotaku
03-26-04, 08:43 AM
Even then, I think the first drivers to support the GeForce4 Ti series were around 27.xx. So anything older than that will be completely useless, unless you have something like a GeForce2 GTS, GeForce DDR or TNT.

DJB
03-26-04, 06:13 PM
I have varied drivers going back farther than that.
Shoot me a private message with your e-mail I I will send you some.
I have just about every 6.xx driver. Any particular one you want?
WHQL perhaps? Seriously, I have like 20 revisions of 6.xx drivers, he,he

DJB

Nitz Walsh
03-26-04, 07:27 PM
I have varied drivers going back farther than that.
Shoot me a private message with your e-mail I I will send you some.
I have just about every 6.xx driver. Any particular one you want?
WHQL perhaps? Seriously, I have like 20 revisions of 6.xx drivers, he,he

DJB
Thanks DJB, but no longer necessary. Discovered Spot's D3D patch which monumentally improves framerates - rock-solid 60 fps now, and from XP with the latest dets.

Who-hoo!