PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 2 video

Pages : [1] 2

***CENSORED***
03-26-04, 03:23 PM
http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?action=download&fileid=863&mirrorid=7&h=b6baebbe937048a187cad73af2dbd100&filename=serioussam2_32404_1.zip

MUYA
03-26-04, 03:26 PM
nice find d/l ing it

MUYA
03-26-04, 03:35 PM
wow! :eek: see the bumpiness on the wheel treads and the creature in the final scene. That is another game that looks to be a kicker in the graphics department. Nice ragdoll physics :D Hopefully it gets released this year too!

theultimo
03-26-04, 04:53 PM
wow! :eek: see the bumpiness on the wheel treads and the creature in the final scene. That is another game that looks to be a kicker in the graphics department. Nice ragdoll physics :D Hopefully it gets released this year too!

Cant wait for the mass DOOMish carnage... :kill: :kill: :kill:

Riptide
03-26-04, 05:44 PM
The first one and the installment were awesome for $20 games. Can't wait... Way to go croteam. :D

Nutty
03-26-04, 06:37 PM
For all you console fans, Serious Sam : Next Encounter is being released on gamecube and ps2 soon, worked on by non other than yours truly.. :)

Edge
03-26-04, 08:55 PM
Wha? No Xbox version? That's unusual for this type of game.

Oh well, with YOU porting the game I'm sure the PS2 and GC versions will turn out very nice :D

photophreak314
03-26-04, 09:42 PM
That would be nice, although it seems reminiscent of Painkiller.

jsg2021
03-26-04, 10:03 PM
sweet!

MUYA
03-27-04, 01:18 AM
For all you console fans, Serious Sam : Next Encounter is being released on gamecube and ps2 soon, worked on by non other than yours truly.. :)
Hey man!! excellent stuff :D OK you worked on the console version but ..its looking good! ;)

silence
03-27-04, 05:09 AM
That would be nice, although it seems reminiscent of Painkiller.

a?.... you mean all the monsters running around to be shot? :D
other then that i don't see too many thing in common between them...

madmartyau
03-27-04, 06:42 AM
A month ago people were saying Painkiller was just like Serious Sam, now they're saying Serious Sam is like Painkiller! :banghead:

Skinner
03-27-04, 07:19 AM
Mov looks good, very good.

Toaster
03-27-04, 09:02 AM

Nice!!:)
What part are you responsible of?

demonized
03-27-04, 09:48 AM
there's so much detail on the green monster at the end of the video. i could see his muscles flex.

gmontem
03-27-04, 12:02 PM
Well the direct feed version is out.

Link (http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?fileid=866)

Currently downloading the 49MB booger. I hope I'm wrong but from the filename, it might be a Quicktime file. Why must vids of PC games be in QT? :screwy:

GlowStick
03-27-04, 05:45 PM
Simply amazing!

I cant wait for Serious Sam 2, as i still play TFE and TSE at lans all the time!

It sucks that its DirectX though booo to that!

Edge
03-27-04, 06:15 PM
Aww, they switched the engine over to DirectX? That sucks, the OpenGL version of Serious Sam was so freaking fast, it even ran great on my 733/Voodoo 3 machine.

Nutty
03-27-04, 06:22 PM
It wasn't a port, it was brand new from the ground up, just its Serious Sam. We used the editor Croteam made to make the levels in, we then just converted it to work with our custom engine.

I worked on weapons, sound system, special effects n a few other bits on the GC version, then it was ported to ps2, and I helped bug fix that version.

GlowStick
03-27-04, 06:25 PM
It wasn't a port, it was brand new from the ground up, just its Serious Sam. We used the editor Croteam made to make the levels in, we then just converted it to work with our custom engine.

I worked on weapons, sound system, special effects n a few other bits on the GC version, then it was ported to ps2, and I helped bug fix that version.
I cant wait to see the new editor in action!

While your makeing the map you can instantly see how the ai interacts, and have physics working heh.

Edge
03-27-04, 06:51 PM
Huh, cool stuff Nutty. I thought it was a port of the SS1 engine with new levels and features...guess I was wrong. Since it's being designed for the GC, there isn't any online or Lan stuff planned for it, is there? SS was so fun at lans, 4-player coop was a blast.

Oh, and since you know some stuff about the GC hardware/capabilities, there is one question that's been nagging me for a while: how do the Gamecube's shaders compare to the pixel shaders found the the GF3/Xbox?

Nutty
03-31-04, 03:34 AM
GC has 4 player MP, PS2 version has online capability.
We were gonna do online for gamecube, but ninty never released the online adaptor or libs for it in time.

Gamecube's shaders are very nice. On gf3/4 you can only apply 4 textures per pass, whereas GC can do 8 or 16, cant remember which. Also has nice dependant texture lookup stuff, which alot of games use for distortion effects. It doesn't have the raw flexability of Xbox pixel shaders imo, but its a very flexable fixed function shader type system. Cant really go into specifics due to nda's.

sytaylor
03-31-04, 04:47 AM
If it plays like the first two, it will be a blast (ok poor joke).

Btw nutty, like your site, don't understand most of it, but the stuff looks purdy :)

Edge
03-31-04, 05:14 AM
Ahh, alright, thanks for the info, Nutty. Didn't know the NDA included things like raw hardware specs though, thought it was mainly stuff on the software side and the actual drivers for the hardware. Learn something new every day, I guess.

Oh, and what you said about the PS2 in the other thread reminded me of the Sega Saturn. Lots and lots of processors of varying capabilities, all working togeather for a single function. Must be lots of creative ways to use them, I thought it was kinda funny that in some Saturn games like Grandia one of the sound processors was used for mathmatical calculations, and in SSX Tricky for the PS2 one of the primarilly graphic processors was used for sound processing. Seems like there's a lot of interesting tricks you can pull off in multi-processor platforms (although I couldn't imagine how confusing it must get to program things like that, I got stuck on Hello World!).

Anyway, back to SS2. Is there any set release date for the game yet, or mention of a demo or anything? Oh, and is the release of SS:NE for PS2 and GC going to coincide with the release of SS2 for the PC and Xbox? Actually, is the Xbox version being worked on simultaniously, or is it going to be ported later on?

Nutty
03-31-04, 07:27 AM
Well I dunno what the NDA covers specifically, so I just wont go into detail at all..

Yeah, lots of processors can be used in lots of ways, but can be a nightmare debugging stuff, also you mainly think of program control as a single flow, its a bit more intense when you start thinking of 2 program flows simultaneously, or 3. Especially timing issues, and thread safe issues.