PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Patch 1.1 released

DMA
03-26-04, 04:29 PM
Mirrors here (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=723108703)
Some fixes for NVIDIA cards:

- Improved shader speed (up to two times faster) for NVidia Geforce FX cards on very high settings
- Fixed fog bug with NVidia drivers
- Added support for NVidia NV40 chipset
- Fixed realtime shadows from blended trees
- Made improvements to lighting shaders on very high settings
- Fixed bug with lake reflections
- Added support fro PS3.0 shader profile

EvilEye
03-26-04, 06:44 PM
Well, I installed it and i noticed some speed improvement :)

Another thing I noticed is the level of detail, which did go up by a number of points. Especially the nightwishion/infrared/crywishion where you now see heatgradients/heatsignature of a target. Or perhaps I touched some settings by mistake ;)

jAkUp
03-26-04, 07:54 PM
w00t :) Just DL'd this

jsg2021
03-26-04, 10:06 PM
it seems to have helped me some too.

The OpenGL renderer seems to be faster, and for the most part looks just as good as the Default D3D9 renderer. Tho, some weird discolorations happens every once in a while through the binoculars

Cigarman
03-28-04, 04:41 PM
alright, I'm totally stumped, how the hell are we supposed to beat the last level in Volcano? Full health and armor doesn't cut it. Some sort of magic trick required here or what? This is most infuriating. 12 hrs of playing through the other levels and yes, they are hard, but this is ridiculous!!

UDawg
03-28-04, 05:01 PM
Run Forest Run!!! There is a hint for you.

Cigarman
03-28-04, 05:11 PM
ok.....well that was pointless. Did that and I might as well have jumped straight into the lava. Don't get me wrong here, Im not referring to the waterfall level that was bad enough. Ran my ass off with that one. :) This one seems made to make people drink heavilly. Perhaps if the little grumbly guys didn't jump around so much it might be easier but its distracting with rockets coming in a steady stream at you as well.

UDawg
03-28-04, 05:59 PM
Lol