PDA

View Full Version : er.. and I just got this.. :)

Nutty
03-27-04, 08:27 AM
http://www.thermaltake.com/images/cases/products/lanfire/vm1000a/vm1000a.jpg

Setting everything up was quite easy... looks a bit messy at the mo, connecting wires from the sensor thingy, to fans near the bottom, means theres a whole mess of wiress everywhere..

The side fan has the biggest influence over cpu temps tho. Even on slowest RPM, my cpu temp has dropped about 6 degrees. Which was nice. Means I can put my PSU, and other fans onto nice slow n quiet mode.. yeah!

The case fans are nice and quiet too.. Infact the loudest part of my system seems to be the whine from the HD's.

Haven't installed the temp probe to my cpu yet.. but overall, I love it.. and it looks snazzy as hell too... Must get some case lights.. :)

Smokey
03-27-04, 08:34 AM
Nice one :thumbsup:

Nutty
03-27-04, 08:39 AM
Okay some more details.

The power connectors from the 4 knob controlley thing are double ended, so you can connect 2 fans to a single channel. Channels 2 and 3 are high ampage for cpu fans, and 1 and 4 are for case fans.

I have front and back on channel 1, and the two side fans on channel 4.

The LCD display shows alarm temp (changeable via a screwdriver in a pot thing), and bottom shows current temperature. Can also be set to show min and max temps too, so you can fire off some benchmarks, and see what the hottest temp was.

And the power LED and LCD are blue... :drooling:

GlowStick
03-27-04, 10:12 AM
Those thermaltake cases are some of the best looking ones you can buy toda nice!

Dose yours have the completely tooless drive bay rails? Those are pritty neat!

Nutty
03-27-04, 10:31 AM
Yeah the drives are held in with 1 thumbscrew, they're pretty snug even without it.

Cant get them out, cos my HSF is in the way, so you have to unscrew the cage to get them out. But even the cage only uses 2 screws, with some nifty shaped metal connectors.

The PCI/AGP slot rails dont use screws for each card either, theres a big metal thing wich pushes down and locks over all the card headers to keep them snug. No screws needed their either.

It's funny cos there was a massive bag of screws that came with it. The small ones plus risers were for the mobo, dunno what any of the others are for.. ;)

I dunno if aluminium conducts sound better than steel, or wether its cos its soo quiet now, but I can hear my HD's for the 1st time..
Tbh, it is alot quieter, and cpu is about 8 degrees cooler on min rpm's.

All in all, I cant find a single fault, or gripe about it. Everything connects snugly and easily.

Well actually my only gripe is wires tbh, my psu has loads already, and the monitor thing just adds to it. But theres not really much to be done about that.. if I put some effort in I could tidy it up, but cba tbh.

Nutty
03-27-04, 11:38 AM
According to their site, it says net weight 15Kg (34lb).. mines only 8Kg.
Thats a heavy case!!

MUYA
03-27-04, 06:31 PM
I got a coolermaster centurion...it sucks so i envy u nutty!!! :(
:D

Nutty
03-27-04, 06:52 PM
Heh, up until today, I've just been using a standard beige box.. those things are soo dull... :)

MUYA
03-27-04, 06:54 PM
Thinking of geting GTR (lian li for local market) PC-7 aluminium case.....its like £50 quid :D...no modded side panels though

Nutty
03-28-04, 07:14 AM
pics ?

MUYA
03-28-04, 07:34 AM
Here mate ;

http://www.gtr.com.hk/new-subpage/product/case_main/aluminum/sub-page/pc-7/pc7.htm

GTR are the local marketing name for Lian Li

Nutty
03-28-04, 07:48 AM
Very shiny..

I think PCs in general should get a makeover like the apple G5.. They're just soo messy nowadays..

Having the IDE connectors miles away from my cd drive is great, yeah I really like having a fat ribbon cable across the inside of the case.. grrr..

MUYA
03-28-04, 07:49 AM
yeah mate...I really do like th G5 comps..aesthetically very pleasing. Weish PCs would be the same ;)

NAZCA M12
03-28-04, 09:44 AM
I've got a Xaser III Lanfire (VM2000A) on the other system. The temp probe showed aprox 3-4 degrees difference (lower) from the Bios/MBM one. What pissed me off was that the (pretty) double blue light on the HardCano 9 got burnt pretty early first on the one side, shortly on the other one as well. I think it lasted less than 2 months or sth. I hope yours has a bigger lifespan. :) Oh, and apart from that, a very nice case. Quiet too.

saturnotaku
03-28-04, 09:47 AM
I have to say I would never own another steel case as long as I live. Even if you don't transport it very often, if you have to move the case to perform an upgrade or whatnot the lighter weight makes life so much easier.

NAZCA M12
03-28-04, 09:55 AM
Heh, tell me about it. See the one on my sig (Antec 660AMG)? Compared to the Thermaltake (4kg empty) it weighs a ton! I must be one of the few guys to (probably) have the lightest and the heaviest midi cases on the market. Pathetic stuff i tell you :screwy: