PDA

View Full Version : DualView frustration

atlas
03-27-04, 12:50 PM
Hi, I have a new Asus v9520 AGP Dual DVI card connected to two digital flat panels. The output nearest the motherboard seems to be the primary, so I boot up after uninstalling Nvidia drivers. I am running XP. Initially I have one monitor connected. I install 56.64, everything is great, reboot. Connect the second monitor. When I go to display settings, it lists two black rectangles, Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. I can do the usual thing, like select the '2' and click 'Extend desktop to this monitor', etc. Here' where it gets weird:

1) The second monitor never actually turns on. However the second desktop *is* enabled, as evidenced by moving a word doc over halfway to the other monitor and moving the mouse over to the other side (thereby making it disappear) and highlighting text from within the other monitor. The second monitor never comes out of powersave, however.
2) Selecting the '1' rectangle, and clicking the 'Identify' button puts a big '1' on the monitor. Clicking the '2' rectangle and clicking 'Identify' still puts a big '1' on the first monitor!
3) In 'Advanced' settings, DualView is selected. 'Display Pair' reads 'Digital Display 2 + Digital Display 1', which I find odd. I would think it would be the other way around, as I am using the primary output/monitor on the card.
4) In 'Advanced' settings, the first monitor is highlighted with a '1', the second monitor is highlighted with a '3'. I think maybe if it were a '2', it would be OK.

roninpc
03-28-04, 10:10 AM
did you check the resolution of your 2nd monitor? maybe it's set to a res that your other monitor can support?

atlas
03-28-04, 04:46 PM
They are identical flat panels.

arunabh
03-30-04, 09:28 PM
i had a simillar problem the first time i installed these drivers....
i switched to clone view and back to dualview and it worked.....
those rectange boxes what u r talking about, can be draged left and right of each other.....