PDA

View Full Version : New Games to Play

CHEVYMAN_02
03-28-04, 09:17 PM
I am looking some new computer games to get but I am going to get FarCry. I played a demo of Painkiller which was stupid. What do you suggest?

AMD ATHLON XP 2500+
1024 DDR PC2700
LG Electronics CD Burner
Biostar M7VIT Pro
WD 40GB HDD
Samsung 1.62GB HDD
ENVISION 17" Monitor

saturnotaku
03-28-04, 09:23 PM
Depends. What types of games are you into? FPS? Racing? RPG? RTS?

CHEVYMAN_02
03-28-04, 09:47 PM
Anything that is new or anything that will work on XP. I prefer FPS. But i also like RTS and Racing.

saturnotaku
03-28-04, 10:30 PM
Off the top of my head you have Battlefield Vietnam, UT2004, Call of Duty (slightly older but still excellent). I think there's a demo for Breed available as well (full game supposedly ships this week).

B&R
03-29-04, 01:33 AM
FarCry, D3, HL2, Painkiller, UT2K4 etc...

Mullins1060
03-29-04, 02:46 AM
Off the top of my head you have Battlefield Vietnam, UT2004, Call of Duty (slightly older but still excellent). I think there's a demo for Breed available as well (full game supposedly ships this week).

my local gamestation have been selling breed for the last 2 or so weeks :O

Smokey
03-29-04, 04:59 AM
Could always try RavenShield + Athena Sword, I havent recieved my copy of AS yet, ordered it from UK, damn rnch post is slow!

But from what my clan mates say, the graphics have been improved quick a bit from RavenShield :)

theultimo
03-29-04, 09:43 AM
my local gamestation have been selling breed for the last 2 or so weeks :O
Heh, for some reason, I read that as Bread......

Mullins1060
03-29-04, 10:26 AM
Heh, for some reason, I read that as Bread......

:lol:

Riptide
03-29-04, 12:48 PM
You might also give Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow a shot. I have a copy but haven't been playing it yet (been tied up w/UT2004 and FC). Can't wait to get the time to play PT but must...finish...FC...first. :D

MadPt
03-29-04, 02:45 PM
You may want to check these out:

FarCry ( of course, you'll love it ;) )
Battlefield Vietnam ( great for multiplayer )
SC Pandora tomorrow
UT2004 ( i love UT games, here in Portugal it arrived only in CDs in the first day, i'm waiting for the DVD version, dunno whytf it didn't arrive at the same time...marketing in this country seems to be against the will of costumers :( )
CMR4 ( supposed to be the best driving game around )
Call of Duty is a must in singleplayer, just awesome, and quite fun to play in multiplayer.

Give these a try, it should be enough for a few weeks of awesome gaming.
Just remember to buy some food and never forget to have a bottle of fresh water around, you'll need it, hehe. :D

MadPt
03-29-04, 02:50 PM
I remember having a Alpha version of Breed, but it was too early to see how good it ever was going to be, had nice graphics back then, should be close to today's games.
Has anyone have this game? Is it any good? ( should be ).

MUYA
03-29-04, 02:55 PM
CMR4 and RichardBurns Rally :D they look good racing games I wonder if there is a new 1 game in the works by EA (or anyone else for that matter) that will now use bump mapping :D Heck doesn't have to have the license. PPL will mod the textures and models to emulate this or any year's season liverys and chasis etc

zoomy942
03-29-04, 03:33 PM
medal of honor is fun too, of you have all the expansions. i like call of duty, but in the multiplayer there arent enough maps.

DOOM 3 is the one to wait for. i am ready ready ready ready ready ready ready ready ready ready!!! :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Edge
03-29-04, 06:46 PM
I'd recommend Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomarrow. The multi-player is a nice breath of fresh air for online games, and it's certainly been keeping my attention lately. BTW, I find it a little funny that you listed all your computer hardware, EXCEPT what videocard you have. This is a VIDEOCARD forum you know :p

Oh, and it's a little older now, but the Half-life mod Natural Selection is very fun. Definatly check that one out if you haven't yet (not the greatest of graphics since it's based on the HL engine, but they hold up suprisingly well).

DiscipleDOC
03-30-04, 04:55 PM
CHEVYMAN_02: What kind of vid card do you have? Most of the games mentioned above is a torture test on most machines.....

BTW.....I hear that Breed is a big disappointment....stay far away from that game.....

CHEVYMAN_02
03-30-04, 11:50 PM
I am get an EVGA Nvidia 5700Ultra

ragejg
03-30-04, 11:56 PM
for how much?

CHEVYMAN_02
03-30-04, 11:57 PM
for 110