PDA

View Full Version : How come when I OC my v-card, it resets sometimes out of no-where?

Fook Me
03-29-04, 09:29 AM
Like, when I overclock, it stay's for awhile, but sometimes when I turn my PC on, I go into the settings, and I see that my OC settings have reset to the factory settings, anybody know why its like that?

BTW: Im just using Coolbits

2ghz Pentium 4 Processor
768mgs of PC2100 DDR RAM
Geforce FX 5700 Ultra
Sound Blaster Audity 2 ZS
Win XP

OWA
03-29-04, 09:49 AM
There is a method that has to be followed for it to "stick".

Set your overclock, test and then apply. Then go to 2D and you'll notice the memory overclock stays at whatever you set for 3D. Set it back to what it is supposed to be and click apply. Then, go back to 3D mode and set the memory back to what you wanted, test, and then apply. It should then stick. You'll have to go through that every time you change it. We all thought it was a bug but someone else posted something about how it works and why we have to do that. I can't remember who posted it though so you'd probably need to do quite a bit of searching to find the explanation.

Search for posts by Skypx for better directions on getting the settings to stick (if you don't follow mine). He is the one that discovered how to make it work correctly.