PDA

View Full Version : X-Dreamer II and Fans Question

Omega53
03-31-04, 06:41 PM
Ok, for all of you with an X-Dreamer II, In what way do you have your fans set up inside your case. Which slots should I have blowing air out and which ones should I have air blowing in. Thanks for any replies

kraigc
03-31-04, 07:42 PM
top and rears blowing out, side and fronts pulling air in...thats what I did

Omega53
03-31-04, 07:56 PM
Thanks man, thats kinda what I figured, but just wanted to ask someone to be sure.

kraigc
03-31-04, 08:45 PM
np, it does tend to collect a bit of dust, so remember to clean it out occassionally

Tuork
04-04-04, 05:30 PM
I've been thinking of buying one of those for some time now (aquirement issues... I live in Colombia).

How's it holding up?

I've heard the fans are a bit noisy... or was it because of the grills?

One of the most significant upgrades I want to do is make it more silent... any comments?

Clay
04-04-04, 10:07 PM
I've been thinking of buying one of those for some time now (aquirement issues... I live in Colombia).

How's it holding up?

I've heard the fans are a bit noisy... or was it because of the grills?

One of the most significant upgrades I want to do is make it more silent... any comments?I have the original X-Dreamer (not much different than the II)...Mine has held up very well. My only complaint is that the front panel does not come off easily at all (at least mine doesn't). The fans don't seem noisy to me but I also replaced the orignal grills with plain circular wire grills. Also, if you use <=20db fans (i.e. some of the Panaflos, Vantecs, etc) then they be basically silent.

kraigc
04-06-04, 02:13 AM
The fans arent too loud on mine, and it holds up really well. The mobo tray is removable, and I didnt really have any trouble removeing the front panel.

Clay
04-06-04, 09:24 AM
How does the front panel remove on yours? Is it just held on with plastic tension pins? I don't know what it is about mine (agian, not the "II" series..I have first model) but I cannot get that front panel off to save my life.

kraigc
04-06-04, 02:00 PM
there are 2 screw inside that need to be removed also. Then its like 4 tension pins and it pops right off

Clay
04-06-04, 02:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the tip. I get real impatient with cases sometimes and then just say "screw it" and leave crap hanging out by molex connectors and what-not. :D

Omega53
04-08-04, 10:58 AM
Mine is doing great and I love it. its holding up perfect without any prob. Got it from newegg without a scractch :) You might want to replace the psu that comes with it though. Mine was holding up perfect but I still didnt want to take any chances so I threw a 430watt true power and its been solid.