PDA

View Full Version : Anyone confirm that overclocking settings stick for a 5700 with the 56.72 drivers?

W.Smithers
04-08-04, 11:15 AM
I've found that any overclocking settings that I set via the Nvidia control panel or rivatuner aren't staying, including "Auto Detect" settings. They might stay through my first few tests, but often if I check again a few hours later 3dMark2001 shows FPS which equal standard clock speeds. The control panel however always shows whatever overclocked speeds i've set.

If anyone has a 5700 and the 56.72 drivers, could you check if your overclocked settings are sticking by running a few benchmarks?

Thanks,
Mark

OWA
04-08-04, 11:32 AM
It works for everyone but you have to know the procedure.

Skypx: This may seem weird but please try it, I did and it worked. Go to the 3d tab and set it to the speeds you want. Hit apply. Now go to the 2d tab, you will notice the memory setting are the same as the 3d tab. Put the memory settings back to default. Hit apply. Now go back to the 3d tab and set it how you want it. Hit apply. I did this just playing around the other day, and after several restarts, the memory settings did not revert to default.

W.Smithers
04-08-04, 01:57 PM
Thanks, I did try that but the problem still occurred. I'm beginning to wonder if it's hardware related somehow, the NV control panel & rivatuner indicate that it's overclocked but when the card's in use the performance equals standard settings.

mrgoodcheese
04-09-04, 02:03 PM
It might be rivatuner that is the problem.

I only have Coolbits installed and use that to OC. Using the procedure written above, about going to 3d mode > 2d mode > 3d mode, works for me and the OC holds.

W.Smithers
04-12-04, 11:38 AM
I managed to make it stick using the above method, I think it wasn't doing it before because it had a tendency to pop up with "clock settings too high" when I clicked "Test New Settings" for the second time using the above method. Eventually it worked after a few goes.

I can never pass 600 Mhz for the ram though, although I definately know it works okay. Is there a way to force whatever I set?

Thanks,
Mark

mrgoodcheese
04-12-04, 03:58 PM

I can never pass 600 Mhz for the ram though, although I definately know it works okay. Is there a way to force whatever I set?

Thanks,
Mark

600 or 1200 on the memory? 600 is extremely low for a 5700, those things are pushing 1000 to 1050 easy, normally.

W.Smithers
04-12-04, 05:39 PM
Maybe you're referring to the 5700 Ultra, the default speed of my 5700 non-ultra is 550Mhz for the ram.