PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked Barton 2500 FS... $70 shipped, Paypal or MO!! :D

ragejg
04-10-04, 10:17 AM
Title says it all... I'm going to a mobile 2400 for my new Gigabyte GA-7N400-L1... this Barton runs cool @ 200x11 (42 idle, 46 load), and has been run only up to 2.2ghz...

As the title says, I take PayPal or money orders...

LMK!! my heatware ID is ragejg, and I'm 16-0-0 last I checked... :)

ragejg
04-10-04, 08:55 PM
bumpage!!

fyi, vamp has expressed interest... (UK whaa?? :p)

prplxd
04-11-04, 04:59 PM
ragejg,...
I wouldn't mind taking this off your hands!
Where are you at in Upstate NY?

My Heat (http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=6777)

LMK!

ragejg
04-11-04, 05:24 PM
I'm in Penn Yan, area code 315, zip code 14527...

prplxd
04-12-04, 04:34 AM
I'm in Penn Yan, area code 315, zip code 14527...
I am in Cortland, area code 607, zip code 13045.
How can we work this out?

ragejg
04-12-04, 06:33 PM
Your heat eval is NICE, but I as a general practice only do the ship first thing with people I've traded with at least once before... I hope this isn't a problem, as I'd like to sell it to you, prplxd. :)

prplxd
04-12-04, 08:18 PM
Your heat eval is NICE, but I as a general practice only do the ship first thing with people I've traded with at least once before... I hope this isn't a problem, as I'd like to sell it to you, prplxd. :)
Okay,...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

YH another PM!

And could you PM me with a valid phone number as well!
Thanks!

ragejg
04-12-04, 08:18 PM
SOLD to prplxd!!

:D

prplxd
04-13-04, 05:10 PM
ragejg,

YHPM,...again! :)

prplxd
04-21-04, 05:30 PM
SOLD to prplxd!!:D
Consider this a "I would really like my processor!" bump!

You have had the money for a week now!
And yes, I understand you having a new child and all!

Let me know something! :angry:

ragejg
04-21-04, 08:50 PM
Well, your "I want a refund, forget it, man" PM pretty much told it all... Jeebus, it was in a running system, and was to be shipped friday... With cpu's I usually run them in a pc before I sell them, right up until they're shipped.

So, let's see, thursday night I go to bed. I'm woken up @ 1am to go to hospital... During my stay in another town (Geneva NY) I stop back a couple times BRIEFLY to post pics so my friends and family can see what's up (the hospital kiosks give ppl spyware from what I've heard) ... I don't remember which day it was, but ONE of those days (saturday I believe) I came home to find my 8RDA+ (with your 2500 in it)dead. This system had weeks of uptime, and this was a total suprise coming home to find a dead pc. I did NOT have time to sort out "cpu, PSU, mobo, ram, vidcard... what died???" whilst stopping @ home briefly... Yesterday (tuesday) was my 1st day back from the hospital, as Jack had jaundice and had temperature fluctuations... ..so, anyway, the mobo died, but I felt obligated to test your cpu one more time... my pal goofjb had the exact same 8RDA+ rev 1.1, which he gave me yesterday, and I got my seconday case back today... tonite when I got home I assembled the system and tested your cpu... it's fine. Sorry, but I don't wanna ship something thats in a setup that died WITHOUT testing it first... I thought I'd throw a MO for $10 in with the cpu due to the delay, as I meant no harm in this trade, but was hit with a couple curveballs that hampered the deal.

I understand that you could be frustrated, but I in no way have treated you like a little kid as you said in your PM to me.

I have not cashed the MO, and it is a policy of mine not to cash a MO until I have shipped the trade item...

So you don't want the Barton and a MO for $10? If so, I'll send your MO tomorrow. If you'd rather have the Barton and $10 shipped Priority, well then we can do that as well.

I am not a troll, prplxd. You are not getting screwed over. I am sure that there are plenty of others here who would not ship a cpu that was in a crashed pc BEFORE testing it in another system... My precautionary measure was intended to insure you from getting a DOA cpu... ...ever get one of them? I'd take a shipment delay over a DOA cpu anytime...

prplxd, I am sorry.

prplxd
04-22-04, 07:48 AM
I am not saying you are a troll!
I just do not appreciate being treated as I am some ignorant punk kid.
By this, I mean, "Gee, he can post to these threads, but he can't tell me what's going on with our trade.
Okay, you mentioned in a PM that you received payment on Thursday, the 15th. Well, return receipt indicates you received money on Wednesday, the 14th. Then I get a PM about you and your wife having your 2nd child and that you would ship the processor the following Monday, (the 19th).
Yea cool, I can understand a couple giving birth; heck, I have five children.
Okay, then I don't hear from you, but then I see you posting all over the boards.
I interpret that as, "Hmm, is he intentionally ignoring me?"
If the processor turned up dead, you should have sent me some form of communication and/or options with avenues to take. Ignoring someone just puts doubt into the picture.
The whole key was to keep "GOOD" communication.
I do not believe that you did that.
As for shipping, from Ithaca to Penn Yan, is 1 day by mail, two at the most.
Now, I have no use for the processor!
If you would have kept me up to date, I could have relayed that to the person I had originally purchased it for and possibly kept him a little more patient.
I must add, it is also my fault for trying to play the middle man for someone, but ...
at this particular time, this trade needs to be resolved.

So,...
I would greatly appreciate the return of my funds; and No, I do not want any extra funds with a processor.
You should have my mailing address! (Don't tell me you deleted it! That would be another sign of bad trading practices).

Thank you for your time and attention regarding this issue.

stncttr908
04-22-04, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you're acting like a kid to me. The guy had a kid, another PC died, and all you care about is your processor.

Mine, mine, mine! I want it, I want it!

saturnotaku
04-22-04, 09:29 AM
Sounds like you're acting like a kid to me. The guy had a kid, another PC died, and all you care about is your processor.

:clap:

And what's with typing in all bold letters? That's just as bad as TYPING IN ALL CAPS. :eek:

prplxd
04-22-04, 10:04 AM

Okay, so who's way should it be!! Yours??
Look, people have children everyday; I went through five.
That is understandable.
My only claim was that if he could find time to post in other threads,
then why couldn't he notify me of what's going on.

From my viewpoint, it is not about the processor.
It is about how this has been handled!

If you read fully through what I recently wrote,
I had indicated that I was also at fault due to being a middle man in this particular transaction.

I don't care what you call me,...like you're so perfect.
And yes, you too, are entitled to your perspective.

Okay, I didn't write in bold; does make you happy!

This whole thing is becoming 3rd party ridiculus!

John,...I would greatly appreciate it we can resolve this!

ragejg
04-22-04, 11:51 AM
Ok, I'm heading to the post office in about a half hour, and will deliver a $70 MO (I can't send you back the one you made out to me, right?)... I have not deleted your address, so there will be no delay. I'll also make sure the MO is delivered back as close as possible to your shipment method.

Dude, I'm sorry, ok? Jesus, I never intended this to be a bungled trade. I know I don't have 123 heatware evals like you (I only have like 16 or so), but I am an established trader who hasn't run into many problems doing stuff like this.

My apologies.

ragejg
04-22-04, 11:57 AM
I'd also like to add that I am a staff member here @ nvnews, I post every day, and sometimes I post while contemplating a response on a PM. I don't ever intend to leave a person hanging on something. Your first PM to me yesterday told me that you were distraught, so I took some time to think about what and where to put my response. It appears to me that you became angry that I did not respond to your PM that you sent @ 5:30 pm, and sent another one @ 8:30 or so... I didn't think that would absolutely require an explanation, but I guess it's needed: I had dinner, fed my son, and spent some time on the couch with the GF. Oh and I stopped at the PC a couple times in between. If you wanted instant communication, IM would have been better suited for such a thing.

prplxd
04-22-04, 04:00 PM
Okay,...
Point taken.
I will admit that I may have jumped on you too soon.

The filp side is that:
1.) I had honestly believed that you were intentionally ignoring me.
2.) I let my anger get the best of me; that's my fault.
3.) I was the middle man in a purchase I should not have gotten involved in.

So, in conclusion to your last post, I wasn't looking for an "immediate response".
I was merely wondering what had happened because you had stated that you would send Monday for sure, (as per your PM to me).
I didn't hear anything from you so I waited, but when I saw you posting elsewhere, that kind of took me over the edge.
If you are a staff member here, and you post everyday, don't you think you could have informed me of what happened when you did not ship on Monday as per your PM?
It wasn't until yesterday that you bothered to repond to this thread after I had responded in the MV40 thread.

So, I hope you can you see where I might have been mislead a little?

Look, I am not trying to feed a fire; I would like to try to put this fire out.
I think we are both at fault.
So, if it is any consolation, I also would like express my sincere apologies that things turned out this way.

In 95% of my trades on these forums, I try to implement expediency, communication and fairness,...even when I have an on-going emergency.
In my early days, I have had to ship first in order to build my reputation.
I try to uphold my ethic of doing what I say I am going to do.
However,...
There have been times when I could not quite do exactly as I said I would, but I would most definitely inform the other party involved ASAP.

In closing, I hope you will be at peace once this is resolved, and I will take my trading elsewhere.

Does that sound fair to you?

ragejg
04-22-04, 04:16 PM
Yup, sounds fair... Your MO was sent back to you exactly the same way you sent it to me, and will require you to sign for it at the post office.

Feel free however to trade here, as the FS/FT forum here at nvnews does help quite a few people...

prplxd
04-22-04, 06:38 PM
Yup, sounds fair... Your MO was sent back to you exactly the same way you sent it to me, and will require you to sign for it at the post office.

Feel free however to trade here, as the FS/FT forum here at nvnews does help quite a few people...
Thank you!

And FWIW, I never called you a troll! (salute)