PDA

View Full Version : Problem

CHEVYMAN_02
04-11-04, 08:30 AM
Ok. I jst bought a Abit NF7 mobo and installed everything and turned it on and it runs for like 10 sec and then i get a blue that i can read and it restart itself. What could the problem be.

|JuiceZ|
04-11-04, 09:13 AM
Need more info. Do you get the bios splash screen? Are there any system beeps? Double check that everything is seated properly. Also verify the HSF make proper contact w/ the cpu and theres a thin layer of thermal compound in between.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-11-04, 01:48 PM
I start the computer up and get the bio flash and everything loads properly and it go to load into windows and sometimes restarts or cut computer off like it is not getting enough power.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-11-04, 10:43 PM
So i guess that i have to reformat my hard drive to get it to work properly.

netviper13
04-12-04, 12:19 AM
Or you can run the Automated Repair on the install CD. Boot it up like you normally would to format/re-install Windows, but when given the option press whichever key (can't remember which it is off the top of my head, F2 I believe) to do Automated Repair.

|JuiceZ|
04-12-04, 06:38 AM
Yea the guys are on the right track. WinXP partition freaks out whenever you do a major system upgrade and in the long runs its alwasy better to do a complete reformat & reinstall. Are you able to boot up XP in safe mode? If so, you could have a problem with chipset drivers.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-12-04, 07:39 AM
No I can't boot XP in to safe mode. I am also having another problem my computer cuts itself off like it isn't get enough power. I have 300watt ps. Should i get a 400watt ps?

sxotty
04-12-04, 08:33 AM
It all depends on what 300 watt power supply you have as well, many cheaper brands don't output near what they say they do.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-12-04, 09:19 AM
so i guess i need to get a name brand power supply

PsychoSy
04-12-04, 05:55 PM
You are going to need a 400watt PSU for an nForce2 board.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-13-04, 11:16 AM
well i bought a new 400w ps but it is still doing the same thing. It is loading up to a point and then restarting and the uploading again and the power shuts off. I am clueless to what the problem could be now. Any suggestion on what it could be?

Fatman
04-23-04, 04:49 PM
CHEVYMAN_02, this the exact thing I had last week. Its WinXP freaking out at the new IDE controller. If you can hook up ur HDD to ur old system, boot up, go to hardware management, find IDE controller, and update driver, select Generic/Standard IDE Controller.

This MIGHT work, I have not verified this personally as it was too late by the time I found this while googling for mobo upgrade tips. If it does work, and you boot into windows on the new board dont forget to update mobo drivers, and IDE controller. And let us know if this works. Thanks.

CHEVYMAN_02
04-24-04, 12:20 AM
I found what the problem was. I didn't sit the fan on the processor right.

Clay
04-24-04, 12:34 AM
Glad you solved the problem. Seems like 99% of any "problem" that I run into boils down to the obvious too. :)