PDA

View Full Version : Newegg and the NV40

Pages : [1] 2

Blacklash
04-12-04, 11:36 PM
Will Newegg have the NV40 at the same time as Best Buy and CompUsa? Do I need to go shop it local?

bkswaney
04-12-04, 11:39 PM
Will Newegg have the NV40 at the same time as Best Buy and CompUsa? Do I need to go shop it local?

New egg and others should all get them about the same time.

I've seen gamestop,eb and some of the others get them first though.

jAkUp
04-13-04, 01:18 AM
Sometimes a few select stores are able to get them early, hopefully my store can be early again like with the 5800 ultra :D

hithere
04-13-04, 08:32 AM
I can't believe how some people (maybe not present company, but many on this forum and others) who bought the NV30, as well as the refresh NV35, won't even wait to get the best price on the NV40, they'll just buy it from the first vendor they can...I wish I didn't have to worry about money like I do. But then, I can't imagine people that have money like that acting in that fashion. I mean, how did they accimulate money in the first place? Ineffective use of dollars, I say.

Mr JiggyFly
04-13-04, 08:37 AM
I mean, how did they accimulate money in the first place? Ineffective use of dollars, I say.

Source of money:

1. Parents
2. Part time job (and still living with parents)
3. Full time job
4. Luck
5. Some illegal activities

As i said before, i am blinded by the hype. Ill get it at all cost. Hey I have money present time, i might or might not have it in the future, so why shouldn't I enjoy it while it last? :)

Blacklash
04-13-04, 09:11 AM
And if you wanted the 'best price' on the 9800pro you'd be buying it now. *chuckles* I am conservative in some areas and don't spend as wisely in others. That said, I own my home and am not in debt to anyone. I balance my rational/irrational well, fortunately.

jAkUp
04-13-04, 10:16 AM
For me.. full time job, living with parents :D

Riptide
04-13-04, 10:19 AM
Living with the parents definitely helps conserve money in a MAJOR way. I know a guy who is doing that right now and he's making a good salary for someone his age in our area (a crappy job market). He can afford all the upgrades to his computer that he wants and he's got a nice car to boot.

If he had to pay rent things would be tighter. But keep in mind that living with the parents, while it saves money, has it's downsides to. ;)

jAkUp
04-13-04, 10:22 AM
Yes it does.. but I'm only 19 :) So I'm gonna live like it :D rofl

|JuiceZ|
04-13-04, 10:23 AM
Moving out helps you appreciate your family more. Remember, in this world, there's nothing more important ;)

Riptide
04-13-04, 10:24 AM
I lived with my mom until I was like 21 I think. Enjoy it while it lasts and spend spend spend!! ;)

Mr JiggyFly
04-13-04, 10:27 AM
If he had to pay rent things would be tighter. But keep in mind that living with the parents, while it saves money, has it's downsides to. ;)

Not really if your parents go out and work all the time. Basically, i could say its my own house.

|JuiceZ|
04-13-04, 10:27 AM
Yea I moved out right after graduating from technical school (Apr '03) Enjoy the good eating while you can cause when you get out, its back to cereal & ramen noodles, haha! :D

Not really if your parents go out and work all the time. Basically, i could say its my own house.

Trust me, there's nothing like having your own place ;)

Mr JiggyFly
04-13-04, 10:28 AM
Remember, in this world, there's nothing more important ;)

...than super fast computer. I agree.:)

|JuiceZ|
04-13-04, 10:31 AM
...than super fast computer. I agree.:)

lol, n3rds :crosseye: :p

Riptide
04-13-04, 10:34 AM
You still never know when they'll decide to show up. Makes it kinda risky to get busy with the girl on the living room coffee table. ;)

zakelwe
04-13-04, 10:55 AM
When you get to be an old codger like me having excess money is some compensation for looking old and fat :D

Regards

Andy

Blacklash
04-13-04, 11:09 AM
When I say own my home, I mean bought and paid for, and in my name. *chuckles*

Once you get that out of the way, it frees up quite abit of cash. Anywho, I guess I will check back tonight, doesn't look like anything will be happening soon.

hithere
04-13-04, 02:10 PM
living with parents...

Yeah, that's what i thought, just didn't want to offend by saying so... :ORDER:

Geforce4ti4200
04-13-04, 03:39 PM
talk about money, I am still enjoying my ti4200. many years from now, I too will enjoy an nv40 and/or r420 for dirt cheap :)

zer0xp
04-13-04, 03:44 PM
I enjoyed my 5900 for dirt cheap, and it spoiled me... :( lol, 5700NU just doesnt cut it, i gotta get faster. I'll pass on the 5900 XT/SE... Goin straight for NV40, as soon as it's available.. Gonna be tough to get one where i am though :(.

fallguy
04-13-04, 03:56 PM
Moving out helps you appreciate your family more. Remember, in this world, there's nothing more important ;)

Smartest thing Ive heard you say.

Why are people ready to buy something without a review? It makes no sense. Especially after what happened with the 5800U. Not that Im saying its going to happen again, but at least wait for reviews before making up your mind. :clap:

zer0xp
04-13-04, 04:06 PM
Beats me... lol... But all i know right now is that it's better than what i have, i dont have to have the fastest... Just something better than what i have... I've never had the fastest Video card out. If NV40 is? Great!... If it isnt, well then... When the time comes, and the NV40 is too slow, or it stops working (like my 5900 lol) I will upgrade again, to the fastest? Who knows!

jAkUp
04-13-04, 04:19 PM
After playing FarCry.. I need one of these babies!! ;)

zer0xp
04-13-04, 04:38 PM
For some weird reason, i didnt enjoy much of farcry.. Guess the loading times adn the general slowness with my 5700 NU and 5900 bothered me... :( I wanna run it all on Very High :p I will play it when i get my next gen card tho