Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

MikeC
03-19-04, 04:20 PM
GeForce LAN Party
Presented by NVIDIA and PDXLAN
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004 - San Francisco, California

http://www.nvnews.net/images/logos/geforce_lan_party.gif

The Announcement:
With great enthusiasm, Vector would like to announce the event he has been working on for the past 2 weeks. News sources do not know of this event, they have been speculating wrongly about CEBIT, GDC, and other events- some even saying it is impossible that this could happen in April -- but now the world will know, first on PDXLAN - How it is going to go down...

There will be a LAN like no other April 13th 2004. The LAUNCH of NVIDIA's Next Generation GPU! 250 Lucky people will get in, 200 more will be able to watch. As NVIDIA has chosen to host an awesome LAN in conjunction with the Launch of their next Generation GPU. Some will win the $4,000 dream machines in the 5 v 5 BF:Vietnam and Unreal 2004 Tournaments, others the New GPU Card for runner up and a Case mod Contest.

What is it?
NVIDIA and PDXLAN will be hosting an unprecedented all-day 250 person LAN party in conjunction with NVIDIA's introduction and launch of its next-generation GeForce GPU.

What's Being Played?
Official tournaments for Unreal Tournament 2004 (1 vs.1) and Battlefield Vietnam (5 vs. 5) will feature cash and hardware prizes for both winners and runners-up.

OK, So What Cool Prizes Can I Win?
NVIDIA will be awarding tournament winners with new NVIDIA dream systems, equipped with the next generation GeForce GPU. Runners-up in the two tournaments will receive graphics cards powered by NVIDIA's next-generation GeForce GPU. There will also be a chance to score big in the prize raffle with one free trip for two to the CPL in Dallas this summer.

How do I Get in on the Action?
Register NOW for your BYOC spot at the GeForce LAN Party and you may get a chance to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and Battlefield Vietnam on tournament dream machines powered by NVIDIA's next-generation GPU.

So, What Else is Going on at the Event?
Later that evening, Join NVIDIA executives and gaming and technology industry luminaries for the launch of NVIDIA's next-generation GeForce GPU, followed by reception, tournament finals, contests, and a special raffle for all LAN party attendees.

But What if Registration for the BYOC is Already Full?
You can still register as a spectator, attend the GeForce launch event in the evening, and be entered in a raffle for great prizes like a graphics card powered by NVIDIA's next generation GeForce GPU!

http://pdxlan-dc.com/nvidia/news.php

GlowStick
03-19-04, 06:12 PM
Id love to go, if i didnt live so far away!

But what was all this 'talk' about a paper launch when some "Next Gen" cards are going to be given away?

If the INQ got to look at one, i have a feeling its gonna be avalible soon!

Nutty
03-19-04, 06:36 PM
Could be a voucher.. ;)

I remember when I went to an NV dev event in London, we were supposed to be given GF3's there, but they didn't send them to us until a few months later...

Hope I'm wrong tho.. would be a nice turnaround, and would certainly put the wind up ATI! :)

GlowStick
03-19-04, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
Could be a voucher.. ;)

I remember when I went to an NV dev event in London, we were supposed to be given GF3's there, but they didn't send them to us until a few months later...

Hope I'm wrong tho.. would be a nice turnaround, and would certainly put the wind up ATI! :) I dont think they are gonna put a voucher in because they are giving away 2 computers with the 'next gen' card in it, unless they just stick a peice of paper in the agp slot......

OWA
03-19-04, 09:14 PM
Id love to go, if i didnt live so far away!
Yeah, same here. None of these type events ever occur on the east coast so I'm always out of luck. IMO, Virginia would be the perfect spot for this. ;)

Lycronis
03-20-04, 10:34 PM
I'll be there. It's only about a 2 hour drive from where I live. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Lycronis

noko
03-20-04, 11:16 PM
I sure hope this is true :). Sounds like Nvidia is on the right track in more ways then one. No paper lauch or sending out cards to reviewers on their payroll (I am exaggerating) but to whom it was ment for, the gamers, a party is most fitting. GO NVIDIA and GOOD LUCK.

GlowStick
03-21-04, 03:56 AM
Can someone confrim/deny this, how long did it take for 5900's to show up in stores from the launch? I thought it was pritty short.

monkeydust
03-21-04, 05:44 AM
There gonna be strippers at this one?

MRX
03-21-04, 09:18 AM
Well Mike you have got these guys on the "excitement program", the nVidia user base is waiting for the NV40 and all it may bring...

Good luck to those who can attend, it will be good :bounce:

mikechai
03-22-04, 07:55 AM

You bet !!! :nono:

Geforce4ti4200
03-23-04, 09:19 PM
those that win the nv40, will they be having it before the reviewers do? man they could easily get $1000-1500 for one if they immediately ebay it in a quick 1 or 3 day auction with free overnight shipping. Some people have way too much money and little patience and would pay 3x premium to get it 4-6 weeks before its in stores. Those guys who win the nv40 should try it out for a day then if there smart, ebay it and just buy it back for 1/3 the price a month later LOL

GlowStick
03-23-04, 11:24 PM
those that win the nv40, will they be having it before the reviewers do? man they could easily get $1000-1500 for one if they immediately ebay it in a quick 1 or 3 day auction with free overnight shipping. Some people have way too much money and little patience and would pay 3x premium to get it 4-6 weeks before its in stores. Those guys who win the nv40 should try it out for a day then if there smart, ebay it and just buy it back for 1/3 the price a month later LOL
Id pay upwards of 1000 to have it now!

Or at the launch party, but if the launch party they give a store date, id wait it out.

Carbon Unit
04-01-04, 01:50 PM
Im sure there will be a webcast (mag)

green_meanie
04-04-04, 10:15 AM

With any luck at all.

SH64
04-10-04, 04:04 PM
3 days to go ! :jumping:

killermmn
04-11-04, 12:16 AM
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:2 days :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

mikechai
04-12-04, 01:25 AM
Please put your name here if you are going to the lan party.

SH64
04-12-04, 08:14 AM
Please put your name here if you are going to the lan party.

I wish if i can go there , but alas .. i'm living in a galaxy far .. far away :(

killermmn
04-12-04, 05:42 PM
:jumping::headbang::headbang::headbang:1 day:headbang::headbang::headbang::jumping:

SH64
04-12-04, 07:30 PM
Its already the 13th here (my time) ! :D

now wheres that NV40 !!!? :drooling:

jAkUp
04-12-04, 09:55 PM
I wanna go.. and although I dont live around the block.. Im a good 3 hours away I think... I still gotta work :(

GlowStick
04-12-04, 10:04 PM
We need somebody from nvnews to win one of the NV40's for the team!

killermmn
04-13-04, 12:38 AM
:box::box::box::box:d-day:box::box::box::box:

Phil4000
04-13-04, 04:43 PM
What time is the lan party going to end?