PDA

View Full Version : 60.72 is "FM approved"

Pages : [1] 2

DMA
04-14-04, 10:57 AM
Update April 14th, 2004: Futuremark has reviewed the ForceWare 60.72 drivers for the launch of the GeForce 6800 Series graphics cards at NVIDIA's specific request. We found that the 60.72 drivers used with the GeForce 6800 Series fulfill the optimization guidelines for 3DMark03 Build 340. Please note that the ForceWare 60.72 drivers are approved only for the GeForce 6800 Series graphics cards, and any future approved WHQL drivers will replace the 60.72 non-WHQL drivers.

http://www.futuremark.com/community/drivers/?approved

So i guess the 12000+ scores we've been seing are ok. :)
Welcome back NVIDIA. ;)

ginfest
04-14-04, 01:00 PM
Nice, I wish I could get on B3D to see the "usual suspects" who were so sure that these drivers wouldn't get approved, eat some crow.
Of course if they have to ruin a forum better there than here :)

Mike G

vampireuk
04-14-04, 01:50 PM
I wonder what people will claim about this then

Deathlike2
04-14-04, 02:42 PM
I wonder what people will claim about this then
Someone will claim that the 60.72 drivers are "cheat free" for the NV3X.. when they clearly are not...

Possibly this means NVidia "MAY" clean up their act in 3DMark in the future... but til then...

NV3X will probably take a fall.. as possibly the cheats will be removed in order to sway consumers to buy the NV4X series.. either that, or keep them just to continue shafting the consumers for the NV3X series... but whatever I guess

ginfest
04-14-04, 03:33 PM
Someone will claim that the 60.72 drivers are "cheat free" for the NV3X.. when they clearly are not...

Possibly this means NVidia "MAY" clean up their act in 3DMark in the future... but til then...

NV3X will probably take a fall.. as possibly the cheats will be removed in order to sway consumers to buy the NV4X series.. either that, or keep them just to continue shafting the consumers for the NV3X series... but whatever I guess

Since the FX thier stance was that 3D Mark wasn't valid, now it does? So I agree with you, I wasn't refering to the validity of either, just that whenever any drivers come out I see many posts which pre-judge w/o anything factual to back it up.
Anyway, both my cards will be going and one of each 6800U/X800? will be going in my boxes whenever they are avail.

Mike G

fingermouth
04-14-04, 04:06 PM
Are the drivers safe to use with the 5950 ultra?

StealthHawk
04-14-04, 04:14 PM
Are the drivers safe to use with the 5950 ultra?

Update April 14th, 2004: Futuremark has reviewed the ForceWare 60.72 drivers for the launch of the GeForce 6800 Series graphics cards at NVIDIA's specific request. We found that the 60.72 drivers used with the GeForce 6800 Series fulfill the optimization guidelines for 3DMark03 Build 340. Please note that the ForceWare 60.72 drivers are approved only for the GeForce 6800 Series graphics cards, and any future approved WHQL drivers will replace the 60.72 non-WHQL drivers.

Anyway, I guess it's good to see that NVIDIA isn't cheating in 3dmark03 anymore.

vampireuk
04-14-04, 04:52 PM

Taking a look at your location I can quite easily see that you are a troll, here have a cookie its not that bad :clap:

Deathlike2
04-14-04, 05:05 PM
Taking a look at your location I can quite easily see that you are a troll, here have a cookie its not that bad

Are you jumping the gun?

I don't care whether NVidia or ATI are better, I care whether the hardware is worthwhile.

I'm rather offended by your statement. I was trying to argue for both sides (good and bad)... obviously you didn't understand. My location speaks the truth (unless the NVNews server is located in MA). It doesn't have another connotation (it's not even offensive). I'll change it if that's "troll-like". I'm still offended though.

I'm only suggesting that NVidia may actually be trying to change (from understanding Futuremark's statement)... but that doesn't mean it will happen. Let the future speak for itself.

fingermouth
04-14-04, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't wurry about him, he is like that from what ive read.

vampireuk
04-14-04, 05:28 PM
Don't say that or I'll ban you

uga bugger.

I may have been jumping the gun but so have you by thinking that NVIDIA will only be doing this to try and get a few sales and still try to "screw" the consumers.

Deathlike2
04-14-04, 06:57 PM
I may have been jumping the gun but so have you by thinking that NVIDIA will only be doing this to try and get a few sales and still try to "screw" the consumers.

Actually, I think it's a good thing they want people to goto the NV4X... frankly NV3X was something NVidia wanted to become bigger, but it's shortcomings and delays definately changed's NVidia's "on top of the world" feeling.

I (personally) think it's a bad thing to consumers if they continue to sell the NV3X line w/cheats (specifically benchmarks) and all intact.... I also think the consumers who initially got NV3X were shafted.. and slightly blinded... however if THAT makes them feel happy, props to them. The "shaft" I'm referring to is the "perceived PS2.0 performance"... it has absolutely nothing to do with their performances in viable DX7/8 games.

If you want to market something to show you're doing well in current games, that's fine.
If you want to market something to show you're doing "well" in next gen games but not have the hardware to do it well , that's the shaft.

This is all my opinion.

NV NEEDS to have NV4X to repair their reputation. Futuremark (to some extent) is a key thing they needed for this task. Whether they will take out the cheats completely (specifically for 3DMark).. is up to NVidia to show..

NVidia will do whatever it takes to market something.. this I understand... but business ethics needs to be used... you should be selling what you have, not what you don't have.

GlowStick
04-14-04, 07:16 PM
Nvidia seems to be on the right track again!

fingermouth
04-14-04, 09:52 PM
You can be nicer about it and do not threaten me again or i will kick your ass all over this fricken forum ok. Stay out of my way or else and if you bann me i will come back so cool it and enough of the harasments.

Cheers:
The Bigman

Blacklash
04-15-04, 10:45 AM
Yeah but futuremark is not, Mal, approved so it means squat to me. You won't hear me talking about Nvidia and futuremark regardless of how well or poor they do in it.

vampireuk
04-15-04, 04:54 PM
You can be nicer about it and do not threaten me again or i will kick your ass all over this fricken forum ok. Stay out of my way or else and if you bann me i will come back so cool it and enough of the harasments.

Cheers:
The Bigman

Funny you almost sound like you are a mod here :wonder:

vampireuk
04-15-04, 04:56 PM
Actually, I think it's a good thing they want people to goto the NV4X... frankly NV3X was something NVidia wanted to become bigger, but it's shortcomings and delays definately changed's NVidia's "on top of the world" feeling.

I (personally) think it's a bad thing to consumers if they continue to sell the NV3X line w/cheats (specifically benchmarks) and all intact.... I also think the consumers who initially got NV3X were shafted.. and slightly blinded... however if THAT makes them feel happy, props to them. The "shaft" I'm referring to is the "perceived PS2.0 performance"... it has absolutely nothing to do with their performances in viable DX7/8 games.

If you want to market something to show you're doing well in current games, that's fine.
If you want to market something to show you're doing "well" in next gen games but not have the hardware to do it well , that's the shaft.

This is all my opinion.

NV NEEDS to have NV4X to repair their reputation. Futuremark (to some extent) is a key thing they needed for this task. Whether they will take out the cheats completely (specifically for 3DMark).. is up to NVidia to show..

NVidia will do whatever it takes to market something.. this I understand... but business ethics needs to be used... you should be selling what you have, not what you don't have.

I do agree with you, hopefully the NV40 will silence a lot of people who have no faith in NVIDIA. They have delivered a awesome product and hopefully they can build up even further from there :cool:

MaxBlade
04-15-04, 09:20 PM

Cheers:
The Bigman

Man it's great all the stuff you can say and do behind (aaa) a computer where no one can see you and you don't have to say it to there face.

Anyway I'm glad there still keeping up with 3D.

fingermouth
04-15-04, 09:36 PM
Funny you almost sound like you are a mod here :wonder:

I had a hair up my ass. Your fine no sweat. Im harmless execpt for the fact im a big bas ass mfer.Lol Damn this sucks LOl Good thread. Help im lost here dman it fix this. Tech help not needed than dont post. Sorry about that. So what does FM approved actually mean. FM isn't the graphics power dicision maker is it?

I use 3dmark but im not going to base my choices of Video Card on a score from 3dmark so whats the deal with this crap? Why do they have to be approved by FM anyway?

Doug304
04-16-04, 11:16 AM
So why do they need approvel from a benchmark program?

Doug304
04-16-04, 11:18 AM
So why do they need approvel from FM? its a benchmark, not a card or driver designer.

saturnotaku
04-16-04, 11:19 AM
So why do they need approvel from a benchmark program?

Long story that doesn't need to get dragged up again.

Doug304
04-16-04, 11:22 AM
Long story that doesn't need to get dragged up again.

What da? These forums are like backwards today and i got banned yesterday for nothing someone please help. I know its Friday but this is confusing. Sorry for the double post guys.

Cheers:
The Bigman

vampireuk
04-16-04, 11:32 AM
What da? These forums are like backwards today and i got banned yesterday for nothing someone please help. I know its Friday but this is confusing. Sorry for the double post guys.

Cheers:
The Bigman

Oh dear, the last thing you need is for me to have read this post. Time for a ip search :clap:

Doug304
04-16-04, 11:43 AM
Whats the matter with you? Personal feelings toward forum members shouldn't be tolarated. I was comenting on the forum and dir FM issues and your off topic with my ip. Enough of the personal vendeta.

Whats your problem? and don't say me because i didn't do anything to you so back off please and stop harasing me.

Have a nice day
The bigman