PDA

View Full Version : wanting to get the MSI Mega pc 180

wU-sOLdiEr
04-15-04, 02:23 PM
ive been thinking about getting the msi mega pc with the nforce2 board that supports the amd processor. ive heard nothing but great things about this barebone, but i have yet meet someone that has it and is running a geforce fx card of any kind. i plan on purchasing this barebone, should it be alright if i run the gainward (slimline) geforce fx 5900 or 5950 since there single bay cards?

oh ya i did a search on this topic adn i was unable to find anything.

jAkUp
04-15-04, 11:25 PM
Well they are decent, but from what I have heard, and experienced, (we sell these at work) The cooling design really needs some work, the exhaust fan would blow right onto the GPU if there is a card installed.

wU-sOLdiEr
04-16-04, 12:07 AM
well im just installing that card alone. well i saw good reviews on that card from this site and others. so i figure it must b good

jAkUp
04-16-04, 12:26 AM
Yes, well dont get me wrong :) It is a good unit

wU-sOLdiEr
04-19-04, 08:00 AM
i think i finally decided on what im going to get after all. its going to be a shuttle pc with a nforce2 board. not sure on the processor because the fsb on the board is 333 and the processor i want has a fsb that is 400. im not sure if im going to have a problem or not. i know the SN45G nforce board does support 400fsb but the problem with that board compared to the SN41G2V2 is that it doesnt have on board video and the sound isnt as nearly as good.

ricercar
04-22-04, 10:31 PM
Careful, the original non-nForce2 MEGA could not play FM/stereo/CD music when the computer was on. If the computer was on, the music had to come from the computer CD/TV/DVD/Streaming software players.