PDA

View Full Version : nforce 2 graphic card problem

sainigaurav_gs
04-15-04, 04:26 PM
Hi everybody

I own ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard with nforce2 graphics with 32 mb shared memory. Few days back i installed a new AGP 4x nforce 2 MX 100/200 addon card with 64 mb memory and after that my computer speed died. Windows load very slowly and any game with 3d graphics hang in between. Can anybody suggest me what could be the possible cause.

I have tried reinstalling windows and but nothing seems to work. Before installing the new card everything was running.

Even after removing the card the onboard graphics are slow. I think that either my AGP bus or my RAM is having problems. Are there any softwares availabe which can check these out.

Thanx in advance.

XanderF
04-15-04, 04:33 PM
Few days back i installed a new AGP 4x nforce 2 MX 100/200 addon card with 64 mb memory and after that my computer speed died

You mean GEFORCE2 MX?

You do realize that the card you put in is the *exact same thing* as the one you have? Actually, it may well be slower.....

CaptNKILL
04-15-04, 04:56 PM
Uhm, I think the A7N266 is an Nforce *1*... which means the onboard graphics is about the speed of a Geforce 2 MX 200.

And you probably want to recheck the name of that graphics card, because i dont think ive ever heard of that.

sainigaurav_gs
04-16-04, 02:57 PM
Here is the configuration what i got using sisoft sandra on graphics cards

Video Adapter
Model : NVIDIA GeForce2 Integrated GPU
Chipset : GeForce2 Integrated GPU
RAMDAC : Integrated RAMDAC
Video BIOS : Version 3.1A.01.03.02
VGA Compatible : No
Total Memory : 32MB (32MB Video)
Texture Memory : 60MB

AGP Capabilities
Version : 2.00
Command Queue Length : 32
Fast-Writes Enabled : No
Fast-Writes Support : Yes
Side Band Enabled : No
Data Transfer Modes Support : 1x 4x
Current Data Transfer Rate

Video BIOS
Date : 11/02/01
Version : 3.1A.01.03.00

And for the addon card i got

Video Adapter
Model : NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
Chipset : GeForce2 MX 100/200
RAMDAC : Integrated RAMDAC
Video BIOS : Version 3.11.00.18.00
VGA Compatible : No
Total Memory : 64MB (64MB Video)
Texture Memory : 96MB

AGP Capabilities
Version : 2.00
Command Queue Length : 32
Fast-Writes Enabled : No
Fast-Writes Support : Yes
Side Band Enabled : No
Data Transfer Modes Support : 1x 2x 4x
Current Data Transfer Rate

Video BIOS
Date : 03/30/01
Version : 3.11.00.18.00

What could be the problem behind the hanging graphics, earlier the same games were running perfectly.

Thanx

Cota
04-16-04, 06:00 PM
you have the same graphic card twice lol

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Cota
04-16-04, 06:04 PM
remove the geforce2mx and you'll be fine.

sainigaurav_gs
04-16-04, 06:21 PM
The addon card had 64 MB video memory that's why i installed it.

Even after removing the card, the problem does not resolve, i think that the card was faulty and has destroyed something on my board most probably the AGP bus.

The computer otherwise runs fine, but when i play any 3d games like NFS-Underground it hangs up. Is there any solution or i have to buy a new MB.

Cota
04-16-04, 06:26 PM
have you changed something in the bios?

ricercar
04-16-04, 07:39 PM
The add-on GeForce 2 AGP card should make the system perform significantly better. It will free up 64M RAM, which is the main thing, and also an AGP card tends to have more efficient memory latencies than the IGP has with motherboard RAM. YMMV.

I would suggest you check to see if a motherboard BIOS setting was changed to make the graphics perform in PCI mode. This could account for sluggish performance even after the AGP hardware was removed.

sainigaurav_gs
04-16-04, 08:10 PM
Yes, made AGP VGA card as primary display device. I have also Loaded Default settings for BIOS but problem is still there. Now i m going to reflash the bios to see if it works.

Thanx for response.

sainigaurav_gs
04-18-04, 07:07 PM
hi there

I have checked my RAM, and processor they r both working fine on other mobo. Now the prob is only with motherboard. What can be done bout it.

I will be really thankful, don't have funds to buy new one, so pls suggest alternative.

thanx

The Hip
04-19-04, 02:45 AM
BIOS:
Reset BIOS (Jumper)
Disable Fastwrites
Disable Onboard VGA (If you use the AGP Adapter)

Questions:
What Driver version are you using
Have you installed the latest chipset drivers
Have you installed DirectX 9

Good luck