PDA

View Full Version : Ocz Pc4000 El

Blacklash
04-17-04, 10:55 AM
Anyone have this ram? and if so what do you think? I have used been using Corsair but now I want to get some ram rated at 500ddr that is alittle cheaper in price. I want a gig again and I want a 1k or better FSB when I get my 6800u.

Rampant CL
04-17-04, 02:01 PM
ocz is teh good shizzle, clocks nicely also

saturnotaku
04-17-04, 02:22 PM
OCZ is pretty good stuff. I had some of their PC2400 memory back in my KT266A days. Worked exactly as advertised.

Though sometimes you take a gamble with it, if you want to save even more money I would consider GeiL memory. I have a gig of their Golden Dragon PC3500, and my system has been loving it. I have it running at its rated speed at its advertised 2-3-3-6 timings and couldn't be happier. It was only $200 for a matched pair.

PaiN
04-18-04, 09:26 PM
I just switched to OCZ RAM, I'm able to run this PC3700EL "Gold" at more aggressive timings than the GeiL PC4000 "Platinum" it replaced.
I'm impressed with the stuff...

NAZCA M12
04-18-04, 11:06 PM
I remember once asking a few guys what memory i should purchase. I didn't mention any specific brands. All of them said their usual "buy Corsair/Kingston/Gail" etc and all bar one also mentioned "and stay the **** away from OCZ".(aaa) Based on that disgusting propaganda i ordered OCZ and that was it.:lol2: I know well about their past and all that but i've also seen other companies cheating (for example giving engineering samples for reviews fitted with the latest Winbond chips and then the production ones are fitted with older Hynix chips etc) and nobody said ****.
Basically all OCZ memory i ever had worked super for me and matched the numbers on the tests (i also have PC3500/DDR433 on my other PC and it works fine too). Ideal for overclocking. The only negative thing is that the copper heatsinks will eventually look a bit "rusty" after a few months time (need to clean them a little bit).

jAkUp
04-18-04, 11:20 PM
OCZ is very good memory... still can't beat the Corsair/HyperX... But OCZ is very good memory.. Geil on the other hand.. meh

PaiN
04-19-04, 05:48 AM
Geil on the other hand.. meh
right....
the Geil I ran worked fine....but it didn't like its timings touched...anything but SPD (at any FSB) and it had trouble....it was rated at cl 2.5 @ 250 (PC4000) but wouldn't tolerate cl 2 at even 200 :(