PDA

View Full Version : Thresh endorses Nvidia

Pages : [1] 2

Ruined
04-17-04, 01:06 PM
Was browsing Nvidia's site and found this nice piece of propaganda.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_6800_testimonials.html

:)

jimmyjames123
04-17-04, 01:14 PM
Haven't heard much about that guy in years. Didn't he used to write some articles and reviews at Firingsquad some time ago? Looks like he is playing more of a management role now.

SH0DAN
04-17-04, 02:02 PM
He was also the best quake player in the world

Nv40
04-17-04, 02:16 PM
He was also the best quake player in the world

without a doubt.. hehe

it should be mandatory for serious MP gamers,to watch Thresh quake2 videos.. againts best players in quake2 around the world. :)

really liked the match againts -InMortaLl..
he was my favorite player.. :)

saturnotaku
04-17-04, 02:18 PM
Has anyone given a cr@p about Thresh since what's been essentially the demise of Quake 2?

SH0DAN
04-17-04, 02:18 PM
I have a divx vid of his match against inmortal,incredible.

edit: probably not saturnotaku,but he was still incredible at q3 as well.

nVidi0t
04-17-04, 02:50 PM
I remember Thresh utterly destroying the UK champion 53 to -1 on Q2DM1 a few years ago. I cant remember what his name was.. "Blokey" I think, but damn that was an amazing game to watch. Some of Zero4's, CZM's and Fatalities Q3 demos come close but none of them had ownage down to such a fine art as Thresh.

BTW he started firingsquad.com

pino
04-17-04, 02:52 PM
Haven't heard much about that guy in years. Didn't he used to write some articles and reviews at Firingsquad some time ago? Looks like he is playing more of a management role now.

Yep, actually old Firing Squad site name was 'Thresh's FiringSquad' .

GlowStick
04-17-04, 03:59 PM
That was pritty cool, and yeah he is so dam good at FPS's its amazing!~

Moose
04-17-04, 04:05 PM

I'd really like to see that! Got a link anywhere?

jAkUp
04-17-04, 04:12 PM
Hehe i remember thresh.. Didnt he use to write a column in PCGamer?? Or was it Boot... I think it was the old pcgamer

Paul
04-17-04, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the link. Suitably vomit inducing.

Ruined
04-17-04, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the link. Suitably vomit inducing.

9/10 developers and/or gaming enthusiasts prefer Nvidia! ;)

SH0DAN
04-17-04, 06:24 PM
browse around on quakeworld,for fatalities as well as thresh's q2/q3 deathmatch vids,ask on the forums as well.

ChrisW
04-17-04, 06:29 PM
9/10 developers and/or gaming enthusiasts prefer Nvidia! ;)
From the statistics presented from the Steam survey, I would have to disagree with your assertion that game enthusiasts prefer nVidia as the overwhelming majority of high-end cards were from ATI. Developers are a different story.

jimmyjames123
04-17-04, 06:50 PM
What is your definition of "high end" cards?

I'd be willing to bet that there are a heck of a lot more people who still have Geforce4 Ti cards than Radeon 9700+ cards.

I'd say it is quite accurate that gamers who have spent >$250 on graphics card in the last year or two overwhelmingly prefer the ATI Radeon cards, mainly because the FX series hasn't really posed a significant threat

walkndude
04-17-04, 08:10 PM
I've got 4 or 5 demos of both thresh and mak owning me on "the edge" from about 5 or 6 years ago... I'll do my best to dig them up tonight.

Both of them are great sports and cool to 1 on 1 with. I miss those days sorely.

Coolest q2 and q3 servers ever, Bob Barkers Showcase Showdown. Damn great memories of that place and those who hosted. Online gaming was a much cooler thing back then....

coldpower27
04-17-04, 08:20 PM
Yeah it looks to be different this time, Nvidia's 16x1/32x0 architecture vs ATI's 16x1 architecture, this will be pretty amazing stuff:)

I am kinda glad though, Nvidia got lucky with the FX Series in a way as that neither Doom 3 or HL2 materialized during their lifetimes.

Now with NV40 architecture Nvidia will be doing fine in all DX9 titles that make use of Pixel Shader 2.x/3.0 and this includes HL2.

CaiNaM
04-17-04, 08:45 PM
I am kinda glad though, Nvidia got lucky with the FX Series in a way as that neither Doom 3 or HL2 materialized during their lifetimes.

? lol. umm.. even rollo's 5800u kicked the 9800's ass in Doom3 benchmarks.

hl2 of course is another story, but you should be aware of the correct facts; nv3x hardware will do fine running Doom3.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1821&p=22

Spiritwalker
04-17-04, 08:50 PM
He shows up quite frequently on Tech TV now.

ChrisW
04-17-04, 09:09 PM
What is your definition of "high end" cards?

I'd be willing to bet that there are a heck of a lot more people who still have Geforce4 Ti cards than Radeon 9700+ cards.

I'd say it is quite accurate that gamers who have spent >$250 on graphics card in the last year or two overwhelmingly prefer the ATI Radeon cards, mainly because the FX series hasn't really posed a significant threat
Yes, there are a lot of GF4 TIs out there, but those are the previous generation "high end" cards. That is hardly something the "gaming enthusiasts" would have today. The GF4 has long since moved into the value segment.

Ruined
04-17-04, 09:41 PM
From the statistics presented from the Steam survey, I would have to disagree with your assertion that game enthusiasts prefer nVidia as the overwhelming majority of high-end cards were from ATI. Developers are a different story.

Sorry, that video is proof. If you don't have an Nvidia card you will lose, as Thresh infers.

Moose
04-17-04, 10:11 PM
Sorry, that video is proof. If you don't have an Nvidia card you will lose, as Thresh infers.

No, if you blindly listen to that video you are a loser. ;)

ChrisW
04-17-04, 10:36 PM
LOL! So the guys with Radeon 9700+ cards are losing to GeForce 4 owners?

Zeno
04-18-04, 12:22 AM

I'd also really like to see this. I did a 15 minute web search but I was unable to find any links that still work. If there's any way you could send this to me, I'll host it for a little while so long as the demand doesn't get too large.