PDA

View Full Version : ForceWare 56.82 on Toshiba Satellite 2410-303

smaug
04-20-04, 09:08 AM
I've installed ForceWare 56.82 on my Laptop Toshiba Satellite 2410-303 with a GeForce 420 Go baut, surprise, a black verical bar stay on the left of the screen and i can't change the sc reen resolution.
Can i solve the problem?

saturnotaku
04-20-04, 09:27 AM
Are you using the standard Forceware drivers or did you get them straight from Toshiba. If it's the latter, then they should work fine because they support your specific chip. If you are using the standard Forceware drivers, you're getting that bar because those drivers don't specifically support the GeForce Go line. NVIDIA themselves say you have to download drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

theultimo
04-20-04, 03:58 PM
Are you using the standard Forceware drivers or did you get them straight from Toshiba. If it's the latter, then they should work fine because they support your specific chip. If you are using the standard Forceware drivers, you're getting that bar because those drivers don't specifically support the GeForce Go line. NVIDIA themselves say you have to download drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

Hmm...Ive never had problems installing my card as a reg. 5600, the drivers change into a 5600go, while the device manager lists it as a reg 5600..

smaug
04-21-04, 08:47 AM
I've dawnloaded divers from the www.guru3d.com site. There's a link where I can download specifics drivers for Toshiba products?

saturnotaku
04-21-04, 09:18 AM
There's a link where I can download specifics drivers for Toshiba products?

http://pcsupport.toshiba.com :eek:

smaug
04-22-04, 07:50 AM
I've tried to download Forceware 56.82 from Toshiba Support Site, but the version are, seemingly, only for FX5700 Go. I've installed this version however, but my trouble persists. So, I've downloaded Forceware 56.63 that, seemingly, support GeForce4 420 Go. After istall... surprise: my laptop have the same problem. I'm in despair....
Drivers works, but if i click with mouse right button and, from the contest menu i select "Digital Dislplay" I can see that, for drivers, my flat panel have a max resolution of 969 x 768 instead native resolution ov 1024 x 768.
What's happened. Why, despite all my attempts, i can't remove the vertical black line at right on my desktop?
Thanks for any solutions somebody let give me.

Gator
04-26-04, 08:40 AM
have you tried reverting to your previous drivers? You have a GF4MX equivalent card anyway, so maybe try something safer like the 45.23 drivers in the Nvidia driver archive. The newer drivers wont benefit you much anyway since your video chip is so old.

Boot in safe mode, remove all Nvidia video drivers, reboot, install 45.23