PDA

View Full Version : Case rattles/buzzes...

Riptide
04-20-04, 08:39 AM
I have a lian-li pc62. When my thermaltake spark7 is spun up to 4000rpm or higher it causes just enough vibration that the front panel of my case can intermittently start buzzing and/or rattling. Pressing against it will usually cause it to quit for a while but the noise often comes back. This front panel piece is removable/spans in.

Is there a way to fix this problem short of replacing my HSF assembly or going with a different case?

Riptide
04-20-04, 10:06 AM
n/m... I am getting a different heatsink/fan (zalman 7000) and some velcro strips to put on the side panels of my case. Between those two things this problem should hopefully go away. Permanently. :p

CaptNKILL
04-20-04, 12:05 PM
Well just in case that doesnt fix it, there are a million things you could try... anything you could do to change the surfaces that rattle could stop it from doing it. You could run some sand paper over it a little, or even just stick a piece of paper, or some glue (or even thermal paste or something like that) where it rattles.

stncttr908
04-20-04, 12:36 PM
Mine buzzes and rattles at times, but I just smack the side of the case and it stops. :nana:

Rampant CL
04-20-04, 12:54 PM
float your case in a high density liquid, like mercury or something. Thatll stop it.

stncttr908
04-20-04, 05:17 PM
float your case in a high density liquid, like mercury or something. Thatll stop it.Or plate it with copper. :lol2:

Rampant CL
04-20-04, 05:50 PM
someone gets the idea.... that quote was damned funny tho....

Riptide
04-21-04, 09:17 AM
I think the fan in my thermaltake is off-balance. Whenever it gets over 4,000RPM the vibration is noticeable - the side panel or the front panel start to buzz/rattle. Pushing on them helps, but when you let go it starts rattling again. If I turn SETI or Folding off then the RPM drops and the buzzing goes away. Definitely the HSF assembly.

Hopefully the zalman will fix it. A friend of mine is pretty confident it will. I am *always* a skeptic, so we'll see... ;)