PDA

View Full Version : gainward card

killermmn
04-20-04, 06:06 PM
i want to know is a good card brand.
i want to buy a 6800 ultra by gainward my pc shop only sell gainward on nvidia card!

Smokey
04-20-04, 06:40 PM
Known as some of the best :)

monkeydust
04-20-04, 06:44 PM
I had a Gainward 4600 Golden Sample and it was a great card. It had dual-DVI and VIVO. No problems whatsoever.

Gator
04-20-04, 07:02 PM
I love my Gainward GF4 TI4400... best video card I have ever owned. I've heard some mixed reviews from others, but in my opinion Gainward rocks! Supposedly they use higher quality components than others including the ramdacs... but I base that on no solid info a friend simply told me so

PenguinJim
04-20-04, 08:26 PM
Another pro-Gainward comment here :) I would definitely use them again.

SmuvMoney
04-20-04, 09:05 PM
One of my favorite cards of all time is my Gainward Geforce TI 200. Gainward makes very good cards. If I go nV ever again, Gainward would be my first choice.

Raptorman
04-20-04, 09:06 PM
I had a Gainward GeForce 3 and it was an excellent card. Good overclocker too.

stncttr908
04-20-04, 09:08 PM
I had a Gainward GeForce 3 and it was an excellent card. Good overclocker too.Seconded. :clap:

Shamrock
04-20-04, 09:13 PM
it is a really good card, and is an EXCELLENT overclocker, Gainward uses nothing but the best quality stuff available.

my only gripe about Gainward is, it's in Europe, but they do have an office in the USA.

They ENCOURAGE overclocking, as long as you use their utility, "Expert tool" and it's a wonderful little program.

saturnotaku
04-20-04, 10:34 PM
And even the Expertool program doesn't fully unlock the potential of their cards. Golden Sample versions typically overclock well beyond the maximums of Gainward's own program.

Harnagel
04-20-04, 10:59 PM
I had a Gainward GeForce 3 and it was an excellent card. Good overclocker too.Seconded. :clap:
thirded :thumbsup:

zakelwe
04-21-04, 05:06 AM
Another point is that Gainward are one of the firms at present that have stayed loyal to nVidia and not courted mistress Ati.

I wonder if they will either get the chips cheaper ( if they do they won't pass on the reduction ) , or better bin of gpu's ie the best ones ?

Me thinks it is unlikely, but who knows, nVidia know they market the Golden Sample versions of their cards so they may have some arrangement ???

Something to be aware of, will soon see of course.

Regards

Andy

killermmn
04-21-04, 05:43 AM
We don’t have plan for games at this moment. The reasoning is:

Each gamer has his own preference on certain types of games he plays. To make a big bundle, you may also like one or two titles but you certainly will pay for the all. What we try to do is to provide you with the best hardware at the lowest possible cost, save you some money to buy the games you really want.

We are to release the product at the end of May and you should be able to find them on (internet) shelves in the first half of June.

that a reply by gainward!!! seem the 6800 ultra will be long to wait!!:argh::argh::argh::argh:

covertghost
04-21-04, 07:03 AM
We are to release the product at the end of May and you should be able to find them on (internet) shelves in the first half of June.

that a reply by gainward!!! seem the 6800 ultra will be long to wait!!:argh::argh::argh::argh:

I got an email from Brian Burke over at NVIDIA the other day and it said the following

Thanks for the support Ben. Look for cards fro our add-in partners in late May

Brian Burke
NVIDIA Corp.
12331 Riata Trace Parkway, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78727
------------------------------

I don't think the Gainward card is going to come out late at all. Trust me even if it came out in Mid June it would be worth the wait because I have never had any problems with Gainwards cards. Sure they don't come with a bunch of useless games, but who cares they end up being coasters anyways. As long as the Hardware is Uber Quality thats all that matters and Gainward never dissapoints.

killermmn
04-21-04, 11:55 AM
it hard to wait man
a 5200 it a piece of ****!! :bash: :bash:
i want something real powerfull!! :ORDER:
and owz :kill:

CaiNaM
04-21-04, 12:38 PM
I had a Gainward GeForce 3 and it was an excellent card. Good overclocker too.

same here.. and it was a cool red pcb! still have it, tho not in a machine atm.