PDA

View Full Version : New Half Life 2 editorial.

***CENSORED***
04-20-04, 08:55 PM
http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802

GlowStick
04-20-04, 09:31 PM
It just confirms what the anon leaker said.

Half-Life 2 was never even close to being done.

The 'Benchmark' Demos that we see videos of, are are how they Wanted the game to be like. EG the sceens were competely scripted.

I do like his comment that he claims alot of the conent is being droped to get the game to ship faster. Compeltey contradicts what Gabe is saying, but i honestly belive Fragmaster over Gabe.

-=DVS=-
04-20-04, 09:33 PM
Bummer Valve realy screwd up with all the lies BOOOOOO Valve BOOOOOO , was it so hard to tell the turth that HalfLife 2 isn't finished :screwy:

I still want the game thought :p

monkeydust
04-20-04, 09:38 PM
Valve is seriously lacking in the PR department.

GlowStick
04-20-04, 09:42 PM
Valve is seriously lacking in the PR department.
I think they are doing exactly what their PR department wants.

See, they want to reclaim thier whole "delay the game a year, and its so much better" so they coudlnt count on them self delaying the game, so they had to make sure it happens.

So basicly what they did was

Announce Definate Ship Date

Delay Game

Give interview that you dont care about release dates, you just want to make the game as good as it can be, then casualy mention, oh BTW that means we will delay it for as long as we feel fit!

Then eventually release the game.

Also, i Feel the Anon leaker, was someone FROM valve, or someone who WORKED for them under HL2 project.

|JuiceZ|
04-20-04, 09:58 PM
That was an excellent editorial that echoed my sentiments exactly.

mikechai
04-20-04, 11:55 PM
It was a good read.

"they said sep 30th, but they didn't say sep 30th 2003" was a good one.
http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/delayeditorial/

saturnotaku
04-21-04, 08:34 AM
That was an excellent editorial that echoed my sentiments exactly.

What he said.

It's time for the folks at Valve to wake up and smell the java. They've apparently alienated their fellow publishers/development firms (Vivendi, Gearbox) and now they're alienating their fans. I'm still going to buy HL2 when it comes out, but I'll have plenty of other stuff to keep me entertained in the meantime.

theultimo
04-21-04, 09:11 AM
What he said.

It's time for the folks at Valve to wake up and smell the java. They've apparently alienated their fellow publishers/development firms (Vivendi, Gearbox) and now they're alienating their fans. I'm still going to buy HL2 when it comes out, but I'll have plenty of other stuff to keep me entertained in the meantime.

Well, hopefully CS 2.0 will come with it, but yeah, We will have a lot of games in the interim.

Riptide
04-21-04, 09:12 AM
I agree. Looks like they *really* dropped the ball on this one. :(

|JuiceZ|
04-21-04, 09:57 AM
Well, hopefully CS 2.0 will come with it...

hah fat chance. Like TF2 its probably been in developement long enough that it'll just be called HL2 now.