PDA

View Full Version : Latest Intllipoint and Middle Mouse Button

Phyre
04-21-04, 02:12 AM
I installed the latest Intellipoint drivers for my optical mouse, however, I noticed a very bad call on Microsoft's part. It seems the default for clicking the middle mouse button is to switch to the next available window. So, when the button is clicked in game, that action acts as an alt+tab. Does anyone know a workaround for this, or am I left with no choice but to install a previous version?

This might need to be in the General Software forum...not sure.

Thanks,
Phyre

Phyre
04-21-04, 02:18 AM
Well, that was a short wait. LOL Trusty Google provided the info needed. It seems the thing to do is to go to the mouse properties, and on the Buttons tab, set the Wheel Button to Autoscroll. Hopefully, this will help the fellow gamers out there.

Phyre

saturnotaku
04-21-04, 08:25 AM
A lot of people have chastised Microsoft for taking away button programmability in Intellipoint 5.0. Of course, those who have MS' most recent mice are pretty well screwed because they can't use any other software. If you have an Intellimouse earlier than 4.0, you can still use Intellipoint 4.1 which has complete functionality.

stncttr908
04-21-04, 09:45 AM
I don't even bother with it. The default mouse drivers are alright for me. Then again, my mouse doesn't have any buttons beyond the standard left, right, and wheel.

DiscipleDOC
04-21-04, 10:26 AM
/me kisses his Logitech MX510!

XanderF
04-21-04, 03:54 PM
*yum* Razer Boomslang pwns all

theultimo
04-21-04, 03:57 PM
*yum* Razer Boomslang pwns all
If my Razor Boomslang Still WORKED....... :\

XanderF
04-21-04, 04:06 PM
I got BFG's branded version of it, so I'm not too concerned. They have an AWESOME warranty on their stuff.

Gotta say, it feels weird to be cleaning a mouse ball again....but the control is just SO MUCH nicer than all the optical mice I've been using. It's literally another whole world.

And the BUTTON layout! 4 buttons + scroll wheel/button. Yeah, some logitech and MS mice now have more....but WTF are they THINKING with their button LAYOUT!? I don't want to have to move my thumb off the mouse and then have to line up to hit one of two tiny little buttons! GAH - I REALLY hate their new button layouts.

This mouse is just sweet. It's sweet all over - it feels well designed, fits my hand perfectly, the buttons are HUGE and hard to miss, moves smooth, etc etc - there is nothing imperfect about this mouse.

I did forget to mention the X-Trac mouse bungee, too. Sounds gimicky, but the sucker works. It really makes it feel like the mouse is wireless - the wire just never gets in the way or provides unwanted drag anymore. Get some teflon feet on your mouse (I'm using Mad Dotz) and a good mousepad, and we are talking mousing HEAVEN here!

lunatix
04-21-04, 04:48 PM
A lot of people have chastised Microsoft for taking away button programmability in Intellipoint 5.0. Of course, those who have MS' most recent mice are pretty well screwed because they can't use any other software. If you have an Intellimouse earlier than 4.0, you can still use Intellipoint 4.1 which has complete functionality.

yeah, what's up with that anyways, dont get why they took the features out, cause i had my mouse4 and 5 to do pgup and pgdn for quake3, and in windows set it back to normal, cause i dont use pgdn pgup in windows, yeah, i ~wonder~ why they took it out