PDA

View Full Version : Need info on 6800 cooler!

XanderF
04-21-04, 12:24 PM
What kind of heatsink can we put on these cards?

It *looks* like the holes in the PCB follow nVidia's standard placement pattern - 4 immediately around the core and 2 offset by angles.

Could someone with one of these cards verify this?

I'm curious if the standard after-market cooling solutions (especially waterblocks, which are a pain in the ass to change) are following the same pattern nVidia has been using, or whether they are using ATI's setup now, or whether they have returned to the GF4 hole placement.

Comments from anyone 'in the know' are welcome!

MUYA
04-21-04, 12:26 PM
maybe the usual good Water cooling ones from swiftech., saetek, dangerden? erm for air artic cooler ?

XanderF
04-21-04, 04:20 PM
Well, that's the question. The Swiftech block fits the 9800s and GeForce4s...but requires an adapter to fit the GeForceFXs.

Want I wanted to know is...will the block on its own work with the GeForce 6 (IE, its fitting are either Radeon 9xxx or GeForce 4)? Or, will I need that adapter for the FX?

I mean, I have it, but it's such a pain in the ASS to put on or take off, ya know?

jAkUp
04-22-04, 01:57 AM
Im hoping they make a VGA silencer that fits on the 6800 Ultra, I really like the idea of venting the heat outside of the case

mikez
04-22-04, 02:39 AM
Im hoping they make a VGA silencer that fits on the 6800 Ultra, I really like the idea of venting the heat outside of the case

yeh, now we see that the 5800U and 5950U''s reference coolers aren't that bad an idea. please bring it back!