PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to paint the inside of my case

Gummz
04-21-04, 11:22 PM
Hi all.

I'm new to doing serious modding on my case. What I want to do is paint the aluminum insides black. I don't know where to start.

I was wondering if I can get some advice on what I should use. Will regular paint work, or spraypaint - what type of stuff should I be looking for? Is there anything else I need before I do the painting? Any tips from anyone will also help greatly.

I appreciate any respones :) - Thanks.

XanderF
04-22-04, 12:25 AM
Errrr....why?

Seems a strange thing to paint....

In any case, for painting any metal....Krylon! Make sure you go in slow, even movements. Not too slow, you want each layer to go on fairly thin. The goal is to evenly apply a LOT of coats to get the right finish.

Clay
04-22-04, 12:50 AM
primer first, esp on aluminum

Tuork
04-22-04, 05:15 PM
Wouldn't black paint increase the temperatures inside the case (Even if by one or two degrees?)????

CaptNKILL
04-22-04, 05:43 PM
Wouldn't black paint increase the temperatures inside the case (Even if by one or two degrees?)????
Black obsorbs light energy, not heat... unless the inside of the case is in direct sunlight it wont do anything.

ragejg
04-22-04, 06:20 PM
I wanna paint the inside of mine labratory white, and then somehow achieve a hospital-clean-white light (yet high contrast) effect inside as well... :D:D I think colorful components, when arranged properly, would look good in that kind of lighting. I'm starting to tire of the dim light given off by blue and red 80mm side-case-fans, and the glaring finish CCFL's apply to everything... :p

Tuork
04-22-04, 08:19 PM
I wanna paint the inside of mine labratory white, and then somehow achieve a hospital-clean-white light (yet high contrast) effect inside as well... :D:D I think colorful components, when arranged properly, would look good in that kind of lighting. I'm starting to tire of the dim light given off by blue and red 80mm side-case-fans, and the glaring finish CCFL's apply to everything... :p

Maybe we should put YOU in a hospital.... :angel2:

ragejg
04-22-04, 08:25 PM
Ok, I should have used the term "IC Lab-clean-white light" instead of "hospital-clean-white light"... :rolleyes: :p:D:D

Gummz
04-22-04, 11:20 PM
white? I'm so used to seeing the silver I can't imagine it.

I'm going to take a look for paint tomorrow. Car spraypaint ok?

if there's any heat problems I don't think it will matter too much. I'm going to get a Thermalright/Swiftech HSF lol

thanks for the tips. :) I'm painting black to match my motherboard PCB and I think it will look better with CCFLs. :ORDER:

GlowStick
04-25-04, 08:01 PM
You should do that and make all the air that goes in/out be filterd by hospital grade carbon filters, so you can claim to have the cleaninst inside of a computer!

Rampant CL
04-25-04, 09:33 PM
Ok, I should have used the term "IC Lab-clean-white light" instead of "hospital-clean-white light"... :rolleyes: :p:D:D

And then you can have so much fun installing multiple fan fileters or compressed airing it every 2 weeks just so it looks white and not grey...