PDA

View Full Version : Video Problem

Vindicis
04-22-04, 12:47 AM
I seem to be having a problem with my system lately and it's driving me crazy. For the past two days my monitor has started to blink and make a clicking sounds, exactly as if it were changing resolutions. It does this over and over until my pc locks up and I have to reboot. It will do it at random times, from playing a game to surfing the net, to just booting the system. Then it will be fine for a few hours and it starts all over. I'm using a GeForce 4 TI 4200 and it's worked flawlessly for over a year, as well as my 2 year old monitor. I've tried changing resolutions and refresh rates and I've even rolled back my drivers as well as installing a previous version. If I need to buy another video card, so be it as it's time to upgrade. I'm worried that it may not be a problem with the video card and could be the monitor or even the motherboard so I don't want to go out and get a new card and that not fix the problem. Any suggestions at all? Thanks in advance!

photophreak314
04-22-04, 12:50 AM
I think it's your monitor. But I have no idea how to fix that.

fury
04-22-04, 12:54 AM
Sounds like the mon is die'n a slow death, the noisey flicker sound is either power supply or the cathode ray gun taking a dump. Ive seen em last a long time, if u start to lose rgb then you know its on its last leg...

stncttr908
04-22-04, 09:56 AM
Why would the system lock up if it were the monitor? :retard:

Fatman
04-22-04, 04:03 PM
Check the power wires from the box and monitor to the surge protector and wall outlet. You voltage on that outlet might be fluctuating, it possible try another power outlet.