PDA

View Full Version : Doug Lombardi has responded to Fragmaster's post

***CENSORED***
04-22-04, 06:27 PM
http://www.halflifesource.com

We at HL Source had a chance to speak with Valve's Doug Lombardi regarding the Fragmaster accusations about the company. Doug Lombardi has read the thread posted on here and has stated, "I have no idea where Fragmaster gets his information".

Doug Lombardi went on to say that Valve is near completion for the upcoming sequel to HL that will be released this summer. In addition, they will have a new demo available at E3 for everyone to get a closer look at the progress. "This game is going to knock your socks off...".

XanderF
04-22-04, 06:53 PM
WELL, that's good to know!

If the PR guy says it, it MUST be true!

ChrisRay
04-22-04, 06:58 PM
What post by Kyle did he respond too?

***CENSORED***
04-22-04, 07:06 PM
http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802

jAkUp
04-22-04, 07:37 PM
W00t!! E3 which I will be attending :D :D :D

stncttr908
04-22-04, 07:46 PM
More talking up the game from Valve's people. They're pulling another NVIDIA. Oh well, at least NVIDIA got it right finally.

randsom
04-23-04, 08:53 AM
The whole half life 2 fiasco, is, well, just ridiculous, lying about ship dates,deliberate misinformation,showing absolutly zero respect for your customers, and very questionable business practices, I wonder what A.T.I really thinks of valve right now.

Really kinda makes you appreciate companies like I.D Software who has never given a release date for Doom 3, or even 3dRealms,in a sick twisted kind of way, DNF has the longest record for development time, but still is when its done(wid) not a minute before.Yes its frustrating waiting for these games, but at least I.D and 3DRealms have stuck to there guns, and deserve some credit for that.

Vavles business practices are deplorable, and very underhanded, i for one will not support a compay who does business like this.

Valves attitude seems to say, we dont give a ****, were Valve, and youll still buy Half Life 2, because its Half Life 2 no matter what we have done in the past, and will do in the future, and alot of us gamers will.Theres a small percentage who wont, ill be in the small percetage.

NO HALF LIFE 2 FOR YOU...

Till youre deemed ready,by Valve

end rant

Shaitan
04-23-04, 09:17 AM
"This game is going to knock your socks off...". Hah. They all say this. And most of the time, the games do not blow socks off, but just blow period. lol

GlowStick
04-23-04, 09:50 AM
OMG what a bunch of PR bull****.

"I dont know where he got his info from"

So much BS, beta leak, source leak, anon telling the truth about the game.

I dont want a new E3 pre scripted move. I want a playable demo that everyone can download.

|JuiceZ|
04-23-04, 10:26 AM
...I dont want a new E3 pre scripted move. I want a playable demo that everyone can download.

EGG-FRICKIN-XACTLY!

I for one believe what Frgmaster said was fact especially the way he conveyed it. Most editors get the inside story and know what goes on in public & behind the scenes.