PDA

View Full Version : How do you hold your mouse?

XanderF
04-22-04, 06:57 PM
Was browsing the Razer sight and found this tidbit:

Q. What is recommended way to hold the Boomslang Razer mouse?
A. Although each person needs to find the position that they are most comfortable with in holding the mouse, we suggest the following: Place the palm of your hand on the mouse so that the base of your palm is resting on the mouse pad. Place your fingers so that your 3 middle fingers (index, middle, ring) are on button 1, scroll wheel, and button 2 respectively. This allows you to us your thumb for button 4 and the pinkie for button 5. Because of the sensitivity of the mouse, it does not take as much movement of the mouse to traverse the screen, so you should not have to pick up the mouse as much as you would a standard mouse.

Which struck me as odd only because I never thought of using a mouse that way.

Got me wondering how many people DO?

stncttr908
04-22-04, 07:52 PM
We have very wide three button mouses in my computer lab (yes, that's right, computer mouses) where I do some CAD work. I have to use the index, middle, ring finger method with those and it's terribly unorthodox.

saturnotaku
04-22-04, 10:33 PM
I've always used index, middle, ring. Seems more natural to me.

sytaylor
04-23-04, 06:24 AM
i just index and middle, the index covers button 1 AND scroll wheel, middle covers button two with the thumb doing the MX700's other two buttons..

Kain
04-23-04, 07:04 AM
I use index and middle only.

jnd3
04-23-04, 08:04 AM
Index and middle ... left-handed at work (cheap-o optical two-button + scroll wheel), right-handed at home (MX700).

Nutty
04-23-04, 11:37 AM
my logitech dual optical is barely wide enough to get 3 fingers along the top..

I use my ring finger, and pinky to grip the side of the mouse. I use my 1st finger on the mouse wheel.

zoomy942
04-23-04, 11:41 AM
i use just 2 fingers, but since reading this, i am iving the 3 fingered approach a try

Rampant CL
04-23-04, 01:07 PM
For FPS games i use the 2 finger method, becuase i use my third one to help with 180 spin timings, but for strat games i use the 3 finger method.

AIW Guru
04-23-04, 01:26 PM
I only use two fingers on the top. But then my ring finger sits on the side botton. I do agree with sitting your palm on the desk and moving the mouse only with your fingers. There's no need to move your whole hand.

Nutty
04-23-04, 01:56 PM
I do agree with sitting your palm on the desk and moving the mouse only with your fingers. There's no need to move your whole hand.
Totally agree. Resting your hand on the mouse, and moving your whole arm is far too inaccurate.

vampireuk
04-23-04, 02:48 PM
Index and middle, and I own at sof2 so im doing something right :angel:

XanderF
04-25-04, 10:47 PM
Hey, bump for more votes. Those three-finger users aren't getting pwned enough yet!

Sazar
04-25-04, 11:10 PM
I've always used index, middle, ring. Seems more natural to me.

agreed..

I notice the functionality especially wrt playing games like splinter cell :) makes it much easier also to scroll through weapons and zoom for sniping and the like in other games...

Starscream
04-26-04, 07:20 PM
I use whatever happens to fall on that button or wheel at the time.

|JuiceZ|
04-26-04, 10:21 PM
three finger usrs = teh ghey! :retard:

:angel:

Kain
04-27-04, 06:12 AM
three finger usrs = teh ghey! :retard:

:angel: :lol:

shim
04-27-04, 12:29 PM
wish i was able to do a null vote, since i use a trackball.. :P