PDA

View Full Version : Got me a zalman 7000

Riptide
04-23-04, 08:15 AM
Friend helped me install it last night. My thermaltake spark7 was generating enough vibration to cause my case to rattle and hum.

Here are the new temperatures/fan speeds @ load and idle. Amazing how this fan stays at the same RPM, much slower than the thermaltake, and yet my system is even cooler now.

Previously I was getting 53c @ load. And the AS5 was only applied last night so there's a chance it'll go down a bit further yet. :)

mikez
04-23-04, 08:21 AM
awsome. i switched from thermlatake volcano 7 back to stock cooler cause it was just too damn loud. i couldn't stand it. picked up a zalman 7000A Cu recently and it's been great since then.

Tuork
04-24-04, 07:39 PM
Couple of Q's...

How much is one of those?
(Pardon my ignorance...) Is it only for P4's?
How loud is it?

Riptide
04-24-04, 08:13 PM
I got mine from newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-109&depa=0

Socket 478 and athlon XP 462/754.

The fan on this thing is quiet. Never goes over 2850rpm for me even under the heaviest loads (2 folding sessions going/prime95) whereas my noisy thermaltake would cruise @ 4500rpm.

mikez
04-24-04, 10:45 PM
Socket 478 and athlon XP 462/754.

The fan on this thing is quiet. Never goes over 2850rpm for me even under the heaviest loads (2 folding sessions going/prime95) whereas my noisy thermaltake would cruise @ 4500rpm.

yep. it'll cool a CPU using lower revs as the fan & fins has a larger diameter in a circular configuration.

supports all current CPUs such as Athlon XP, Athlon 64 and Pentium 4. very easy to install depending on which one you get. I got an A-Cu model as this model can be installed to an Intel board without removing the bracket where as the other two will require me to pull out the MB and remove the stock HSF bracket.

installing to athlon however you will need to place a support base on the back of the motherboard. well worth the trouble though.

cricket
05-27-04, 03:56 PM
i just picked up the zalman CNPS7000A-CU and was wondering if i have to use the fan mate fan controller....or is it ok to just connect the fan directly to the motherboard? I have the intel 865PERLL board/1GB of Corsair XMS SERIES LOW LATENCY memory PC2700 @ 333MHZ (2-2-2-5-T1 Latency)/ P4 3.06 GHZ-533 MHZ FSB/ MAXTOR DIAMOND MAX 80GB/8MB CACHE Hard drive/WINXP HOME/ANTEC BLACK 3700-BQE CASE, and a few other goodie's.

I ask this because i really dont think ill every use the low setting on the fan controller,so i dont see any use of placing it in there, but ask incase there is possibly some reason the Zalman fan may need to be connected to the fan mate.
right now with stock HSF my idle CPU temp is 32 C....and 2 case temps read at 26.C 28 C....BUT THE STOCK FAN IDLE'S HIGH AT ABOUT 4600 RPM'S...GENERATING A LOT OF NOISE. This antec case is made to be silent, but with the stock HSF it is not, that was reason for trying out the ZALMAN FAN.I will post back after i install the Zalman fan with new temps and rpm speed's, pretty sure i will have a very silent & Cool pc after i am done.

Fatman
05-27-04, 04:26 PM
Any chance this intel app will work on my P4C-800E board?

FlashGordon
05-27-04, 04:44 PM
i just picked up the zalman CNPS7000A-CU and was wondering if i have to use the fan mate fan controller....or is it ok to just connect the fan directly to the motherboard? .

You don't have to use the controller. I have Zalman hooked directly to the MB CPU header, so it runs at full speed (2700 rpm). Even at full speed, its very quiet. Another thing, I didn't want to keep opening my case to adjust the speed.

UDawg
05-28-04, 05:38 PM
http://www.extrememhz.com/hyper6-p1.shtml

This is what I want. I almost never move my puter so this options looks very nice to me. I looked at the numbers and the Coolermaster has better performance but does anyone know the difference in noise level? One other thing I like about the Hyper 6 is the ability to put on any fan you want.

saturnotaku
05-28-04, 05:49 PM
If I had a P4, I would want to get one of these badboys (the one on the right):

http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/Heatsinks/Thermalright_XP-120/heatsink2_lg.jpg

The unit's not out yet, but I would certainly trust Thermalright to put out a top-notch heatsink.

More info can be found here (http://www.systemcooling.com/thermalright_xp120-01.html).

UDawg
05-28-04, 06:16 PM
Sure is perdy.

digitalwanderer
05-28-04, 07:01 PM
I just put one of them 7000cu Zalman's on me 2500+ on a NF7-s rev 2 and it does work great....but I had to grind down a bracket a bit (actually I had to put a bit of a barrel notch in it) to fit it on due to capacitors.

GREAT cooler, insanely quiet and powerful...but next time I'll check their mobo compatibility list a little more carefully. (Although I'm kind of glad I didn't since I don't think I would have gotten one and gone thru all the trouble otherwise and I really like me new cooler!)

The only reason I got it though was because I knew I'd be changing cases so I had to pull me system apart anyways, you do need to remove your mobo to make it work on an AMD cpu.