PDA

View Full Version : Do you invert your mouse for games?

Pages : [1] 2

Kain
04-22-04, 10:28 AM
Do you invert your mouse for games? I do.

LycosV
04-22-04, 12:09 PM
Heck yeah.

LycosV

SH64
04-22-04, 12:10 PM
Nop.

stncttr908
04-22-04, 12:13 PM
I most certainly do not. The only things inverted for myself are things that should be, such as flying planes in BF1942.

Zeta
04-22-04, 01:20 PM
I've used inverted for like 10 years. Maybe 6 month to year ago I commited my self to getting used to normal and now I have. I currently play non-inverted now. It was hard for a month or two. Now I cannot tell any difference.

de><ta
04-22-04, 04:21 PM
When I fractured my index finger I used the inverted mouse settings. I turned the mouse around (so that the wire was pointing to my wrist) and used my pinky for the left mouse button and thumb for the right mouse button. I also assigned right mouse button as fire instead. I deffinately am one innovative gamer :)

DiscipleDOC
04-22-04, 04:44 PM
I say we start a poll! :D

Rampant CL
04-22-04, 05:21 PM
dammit, you beat me too it discipledoc. Im surprised it wasnt a poll, someone probably knew we'd give him flak for polling.....

Oh, and inversion of a mouse is teh baad unless your flight simming

SlamDunk
04-22-04, 05:22 PM
Yep. Inverted feels right for me. I have always used inverted ever since it was possible to play or have "free mouse look" in games.

jAkUp
04-22-04, 05:25 PM
I played FPS with my mouse inverted since I was about 12, until I was 17, Im now 19 and cannot stand my mouse inverted, pretty strange how it all came about.

monkeydust
04-22-04, 05:27 PM
I want up to go up and down to go down.

SuLinUX
04-22-04, 06:05 PM
Yes I aways do, find I play alot better like that as well.

saturnotaku
04-22-04, 10:37 PM
I can't play without the mouse being inverted. It's how I was brought up in the FPS world, and that's how I'm going to stay.

-=DVS=-
04-22-04, 10:40 PM
Would be more efficient with a poll 1.yes 2. no :p
My vote no (I want up to go up and down to go down), can't play with inverted mouse only if its joystick , for games like spacesims or similar.

Clay
04-23-04, 01:19 AM
inverted all the way

|JuiceZ|
04-23-04, 01:39 AM
I'm kind surprised how many of you guys actually do. Only time I played inverted was when I was big into the mech games. When playing fps, its always set to "normal"

sytaylor
04-23-04, 06:22 AM
J00're all freaks! Inverted is teh devil (waterboy style...)

|JuiceZ|
04-23-04, 06:48 AM
J00're all freaks! Inverted is teh devil (waterboy style...)

ty, at least we have one "normal" person in da house :D

de><ta
04-23-04, 06:50 AM
dammit, you beat me too it discipledoc. Im surprised it wasnt a poll, someone probably knew we'd give him flak for polling.....

Oh, and inversion of a mouse is teh baad unless your flight simming

AMEN!

God is finally answering my prayers... hopefully in ascending order of priority. :lol2: (spit)

Kain
04-23-04, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know whether or not John Carmack uses inverted mouse? :D

skipparoo
04-23-04, 11:09 AM
Gotta be inverted, and for me, I gotta use the mouse with my left hand. And I'm a right-handed person. The fact is that it is more efficient and makes more sense to use a mouse with your left hand. I CAN use it right-handed without a problem though. Really, I was raised to use my left hand for mousing, and an inverted mouse is something I picked up since I played the first mouse FPS game. But I feel that it is more logical to use a mouse left handed, and it's basically because of our keyboard layouts.

I can sit here with my right hand controlling the Enter key, as well as Backspace for browsing and the Arrow keys for various functions, while at the same time cruising the desktop with the mouse in my left hand. Much more efficient, and much more natural. It doesn't make sense to use the right side of the keyboard with your left hand (I guess you could lift your right hand off the mouse for a second to hit those keys). I guess the same could be said vice versa, but it seems the right side of the keyboard is used more.

Of course, with this philosophy, I cannot use WASD for gaming, instead I use UHJK, also a more logical choice I believe, as it gives you more keys around those 4 for other bindings. This would be the equivalent of using say RDFG if you're a right handed mouser.

Anyways, sorry, that was a little off topic but ah well, just some insight.

Perhaps this SHOULD become a poll and lefty or righty should be added =]

Cheers,
Skippy

zoomy942
04-23-04, 11:38 AM
i am all about inverted i have tried normal, but i feel dirty. i feel like i am cheating on inverted

LycosV
04-23-04, 12:01 PM
i am all about inverted i have tried normal, but i feel dirty. i feel like i am cheating on inverted

lol

Inverted mouse is more immersive and natural imho. I tilt my head back to look up, moving the mouse forward does not equal back. The easiest way to explain is to think of the mouse as grabbing the top of your characters head. To make him/her look up you move the mouse back, to look down, move forward.

LycosV

RoachMojo
04-23-04, 01:04 PM
Inverted here.

Kain
04-23-04, 01:22 PM
lol

Inverted mouse is more immersive and natural imho. I tilt my head back to look up, moving the mouse forward does not equal back. The easiest way to explain is to think of the mouse as grabbing the top of your characters head. To make him/her look up you move the mouse back, to look down, move forward.

LycosV Exactly. :D