PDA

View Full Version : Eqii

nrdstrm
04-25-04, 05:07 PM
Just a heads up for you MMORPGers out there. There will be a beta announcement tomarrow (4/26/04) for Everquest II. The graphics on this game are insane! Can't wait...
Nrdstrm

GlowStick
04-25-04, 08:26 PM
I herd its for the people who play Legends only! eg 50$ a month!

and im excited about eq2!

nrdstrm
04-26-04, 01:13 PM
The announcement came out today. ANYONE can apply for beta starting May 3rd, at 10:00AM PST. But Legends subsribers will get priority, but that doesn't mean you won't get in if your not a legends subscriber, just that you won't have as good of a chance. Personally, I'm hoping to score the beta discs at E3. I think I stand a better chance at that than just applying on the website...
Nrdstrm

PenguinJim
04-26-04, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the heads-up :). It's been a while since I played EQ, but I've got a fair bit of time at the moment, shared between beta-testing new software, and playing completed games (it's refreshing to play a game like Far Cry or UT2K4 and not have to worry about bug-spotting and submitting bug reports!).

I just hope the devs will listen to the beta testers this time. The state Star Wars: Galaxies was in when it was released was pathetic, and we were powerless to stop it (different devs, but I wouldn't rule out Sony pulling some strings). And I also hope that the monthly fee (after release, of course ;))won't be more than $12.95 (even then, it seems a mite too much - what's wrong with $9.95?).

I'm actually beta-testing Ryzom at the moment - another MMORPG in beta. It's good, but not great. Of course, it's months from completion, but the basic game mechanics are unlikely to change (except maybe for the worse). Still, 'good' is good :).