PDA

View Full Version : Lost... Need Help Installing Nvidia

robertovilla88
04-26-04, 01:03 AM
i really need help with this, i dont know anything about graphics cards,
i know i have an intel extreme graphics 64 mb, but works owful, so im looking
for a new one and one friend sells me an nvidia geforce4 mx440 64mb with dual-vga,
s-video and a/v outputs, but here is when the problems come, what do i have to do
to install it? do i need to uninstall first my video driver?
can i have both graphics cards in the same pc? if i unintall my video driver and put
the nvidia one, and the graphics card dosent work, how i will use my pc if
i won't see any thing at the screen? can you give me a clear step by step tutorial
or instructions to install the nvidia graphics card ?
I Really need help!!

-=DVS=-
04-26-04, 01:17 AM
First if you buying geforce4 mx440 64mb for games its a very bad choice if not for games then disregard this message.

Installation for NON GEEKS :p

0. go to your motherboard bios ( by restarting computer and pressing DEL) make sure you got the ability to turn off Integrated Graphics Controller and make First Boot Device AGP if options present in bios , exit bios don't forget to save , don't mess with other stuff

1. turnoff computer & unscrewd case & check if your motherboard got BROWN AGP slot near several WHITE colored PCI slots.

2. if 0&1 checks OK procede by buying new card :p

3. carefully fit it in AGP slot don't forget to screw it or it might fall off and conect cable offcourse.

4. when windows loads up you will see only few colors and bad resolution when windows asks you for Driver CD , put it in or if you don't have it , download driver from www.nvidia.com and follow instructions as given by windows

5. if everything goes well your done , load game and play :D

stncttr908
04-26-04, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately I'm not sure if you're going to have an AGP slot available to install the card. Quite a few of those boards with "Intel Extreme Crap" integrated video take the place of the AGP slot entirely. So, before removing any drivers, I'd suggest doing step #1 listed by DVS so you don't have a problem going back to the Intel graphics if you indeed are lacking an AGP slot.

aidiVn
04-26-04, 05:29 PM
hey man, GeForce4 is one of the best graphic card i've ever seen, plus it's always better than a intel extreme ?? don't you think so ??, i have a purple one and i think it's a great card, plus, i always connect the card to my tv and play the games with awsome graphics in a 30' tv !, especially if you have a lot of games...

I reccomend it robertovilla88 !

Tuork
04-26-04, 05:56 PM
Look at my sig...

With that I can play FarCry at medium levels. WoopEdoo

(At no point I am saying that I do not crave a new gen card :drooling: )

robertovilla88
04-26-04, 06:02 PM
but worth to pay 50 dlls, and uninstall mine(64mb intlel xtreme) and buy the other(64 mb nvidia geforce 4)
i want it for games, dont recomend a 256mb card, cause i dont have the money,

stncttr908
04-26-04, 06:22 PM
hey man, GeForce4 is one of the best graphic card i've ever seen, plus it's always better than a intel extreme ?? don't you think so ??, i have a purple one and i think it's a great card, plus, i always connect the card to my tv and play the games with awsome graphics in a 30' tv !, especially if you have a lot of games...

I reccomend it robertovilla88 !Lo and behold, a GF4MX is not a Geforce 4 at heart. It doesn't support pixel shading whatsoever, and isn't at all up to DX8 spec unlike the ti4200, 4400, and 4600.

Robert, I'd check and see if you have an AGP slot at all before you go buying anything.