PDA

View Full Version : Xbox2 coming in 2005?

Rob_0126
04-27-04, 05:36 PM
I read on www.gamesindustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=3348), that Micro$oft might release the X2 around christmas?

Sure does cut short, the regular Xbox. :retard:

So I guess my new Xbox has 10 months of life left, before they can it?

Robert

stncttr908
04-27-04, 09:14 PM
That does seem rather short for a console's life. Nintendo and Sony have made their consoles last 5+ years.

Edge
04-27-04, 09:52 PM
The release dates for all the new consoles have been bouncing around more than a rubber ball. First Nintendo said their console was going to be released first, now they're saying they'll release with the competition, then the PS2 was supposed to be released in early 2005, now it'll probably be late 2005 or 2006, and then the Xbox 2 date has been rumored to be released anytime between late 2004 and late 2006. I don't think the Xbox 2 will be released until late 2005, but isn't that about standard life for a console now? Obviously Sony has a 1 year advantage on the GC and Xbox, but otherwise, they'll all probably come out with new consoles at around the same time. If anything, Sony needs to release the PS3 sooner so that they have a console that can graphically beat the Xbox and Gamecube.

Rob_0126
04-28-04, 05:28 PM
The release dates for all the new consoles have been bouncing around more than a rubber ball. First Nintendo said their console was going to be released first, now they're saying they'll release with the competition, then the PS2 was supposed to be released in early 2005, now it'll probably be late 2005 or 2006, and then the Xbox 2 date has been rumored to be released anytime between late 2004 and late 2006. I don't think the Xbox 2 will be released until late 2005, but isn't that about standard life for a console now? Obviously Sony has a 1 year advantage on the GC and Xbox, but otherwise, they'll all probably come out with new consoles at around the same time. If anything, Sony needs to release the PS3 sooner so that they have a console that can graphically beat the Xbox and Gamecube.

I reason I believe this about the xbox coming out at the end of 2004 is that some main developers have already started to wrap it up on teh xbox, and some have already started developing for X2.

This is not promising.

Makes me want to turn in my xbox, and go back to pc gaming :|

Robert