PDA

View Full Version : Anyone joining City of Heroes?

peeon
04-28-04, 12:39 AM
Hey anyone thinking of getting CoH? It is a MMORPG. Prolly my first MMORPG I will ever play. The monthly fee is $15/month, kind of steep dont you think for game that costs $50? I am wondering what are the opinions of the game?

marqmajere
04-28-04, 10:38 AM
Hey anyone thinking of getting CoH? It is a MMORPG. Prolly my first MMORPG I will ever play. The monthly fee is $15/month, kind of steep dont you think for game that costs $50? I am wondering what are the opinions of the game?

$15 per month isn't steep. It's not even unreasonable. Consider this. Going to a club for the evening. It may cost you $5 just to get in the door. Then $2 A PIECE for a beer/drink and you'll most likely be drinking all night. Going to the movies isn't cheap either. $7.25 for the movie then another $9 for popcorn and a soda. Movies and games (rentals) are hovering around $3 per night. When you look at all the things you do in a month for fun and tally those up, $15/month for unlimited gaming doesn't seem like a whole lot. :)

As for buying this game, I'm seriously debating that. I know I've heard good things about it. For instance. CoH is about smashing mobs, plain and simple. It sounds to me like they want you to have as little down time (i.e. resting, selling, training, camping, etc.) as possible. Just get out there and stomp baddies. That sounds like great fun. The problem is, without having played in the beta, is this title going to be another "buy and play for 3 weeks" game? I'm not looking forward to shelling out $50 for a game I'll play for a short time and then never touch again.

peeon
04-28-04, 11:40 AM
$15+50 for a game on the first month? I guess I have never been in the mmrpg world...

Is there a trial included with the game or monthly fee needs to be paid up front?

Nephilim
04-28-04, 01:10 PM
Heh, I'm gonna wait for City of Villains.

WCG
04-28-04, 07:00 PM
I'll wait to see if they offer up a free trial to try it first :D

marqmajere
04-28-04, 10:01 PM
$15+50 for a game on the first month? I guess I have never been in the mmrpg world...

Is there a trial included with the game or monthly fee needs to be paid up front?

There is always a free month for the first month. :)

Edge
04-29-04, 12:09 AM
Well I wouldn't call the first month "free", you ARE paying $50 for the game after all :D

Mandarb1
04-29-04, 12:33 AM
Its pretty fun. I was in the beta and I'm playing the retail. There is a lot of customizing and the servers are pretty stable and the game is pretty stable. Its definately focused on playing rather than having to deal with an inventory/armor/ammo/etc. There is a little bit of inventory with your Enhancements and inspirations, but thats about it. Fun game overall. The City of Villans expansion should be pretty awesome too.

peeon
05-02-04, 09:54 PM
Welp I brought it, and I am addicted. I thought it would get very repetitive. There is something to forward for here, http://secureadmin.ca/screenshots/faultline3.jpg. Harder at higher lvls. I think this will be worth the price of admission. I havent even open my farcry box!@#!#!#! I think FPS have run its course with me after the disappointment of bf:v.

If anyone wants to team with blt lvl 11 (soon 12), i am nick: peeon.

$kunk
05-09-04, 09:59 PM
I'm joining in a couple of days hopefully. It's not avaliable in the UK yet so I'm going to buy from the site and download it. Has anyone here had any contact from UK players on the server? Just wondering what performance is like. Also, what server(s) so you play on? Think I'll be going to Guardian as the guys from my old (and current) hangout 3DGPU (http://www.3dgpu.com) play there.

nVidi0t
05-10-04, 05:15 AM
I made the mistake of buying EVE, Anarchy Online, Planetside and Dark Age of Camelot, and now this looks brilliant..

And all of them have matured so nicely, it's a tough choice.

Is it possible to download the client or is it only boxed?