PDA

View Full Version : Woot Woot

Smokey
04-28-04, 01:20 PM
Just ordered some new speakers for my pc.

Gigaworks s750 (http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?prodid=9306) and ordered an Audigy2 ZS to go with them :drooling:

As I havent seen any feedback on these speakers on this forum, I'll post my thoughts once Ive got them :)

|JuiceZ|
04-28-04, 01:56 PM
Think these were the same spkrs I remember reading a review in MaxPC a few months back. Think the sub was sub-par but the satellites were decent. Let me know if you like 'em.

I've personally yet to hear any "multimedia" spkrs good enough to take me away from my z680's....

Dazz
04-29-04, 05:34 AM
I was going to buy thoses myself but thought 750w of power is overkill considering i have my current 5300 speakrs 1/6th volume and people still complain :rolleyes: and that just 79w for the whole system never mine 70w PER SPEAKER!! hehe

I have heard ALOT od possitive feedback on them although their subwoofer is excellent but not as boomy as other manufaures which some people like. with sound qualitly of 40KHz which is twice as clear as everyother PC entertainment system theses will have THE BEST SOUND. Although they are Analouge they far past digital in, sound quility due to a 99dba SNR, and compatiablilty as the sound card does the decoding which is hardware BTW so uses very very few CPU cycles.

On an other note i feel sorry for the other people living in your street :D

Dazz
04-30-04, 02:44 PM
I am about to order some myself Gigaworks s700 + DDTS-100 (http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=9555) which are 5.1, 7.1 is abit miuch for me in space, money & noise :D
I am getting them inported in from the states from Creative America, they where up to it since Creative Europe has no intrest in the Gigaworks 5.1 :rolleyes: I tell yeah this Creative America was VERY quick in replying to me, took less then 10 minutes :cool:

UPDATE

Well it's been ordered yay :)

I am thinking of setting up my Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers with my TV thanks to the decoder :)

Dazz
05-04-04, 02:34 PM
Well i am not getting the S700 + decoder now as the shipping was extreamly high $200 just for shipping :eek: Another 100bux and i could buy a Radeon X800Pro!!! :eek: So decided to order the S750. Mind you 7.1 is somewhat over the top me thinks.

Smokey
05-04-04, 05:25 PM
Its only over the top because dvds arent encoded in 7.1 yet ;) but as all directX games now support 7.1, thats where 7.1 is going to be really good. Im sure movies are also good, but from reviews Ive read, there really isnt much difference.

Well overclockers are delaying my order, some problem comfirming billing address, but my speaker stands arrived from Creative today, quite happy with them too :)

Dazz
05-06-04, 01:27 AM
I don't have enough room to place 7 speakers lol heck having 750w of power 2 foot away from you is defening :cool:

Smokey
05-06-04, 07:16 AM
True, but its the idea of feeling the sound throughout your whole body :)

Dazz
05-06-04, 02:58 PM
And the street :D

Smokey
05-08-04, 01:05 PM
Its only over the top because dvds arent encoded in 7.1 yet ;) but as all directX games now support 7.1, thats where 7.1 is going to be really good. Im sure movies are also good, but from reviews Ive read, there really isnt much difference.

Well overclockers are delaying my order, some problem comfirming billing address, but my speaker stands arrived from Creative today, quite happy with them too :)

If you dont mind me asking, where have your ordered your speakers from?

I ordered them from Overclockers.co.uk 2 weeks ago, and with all the stuffing around Ive had (couldnt confirm billing address), plus 8 emails later, I cancelled my order, even had written confirmation. I then put up an extra €70 and ordered directly from Creative. But today I found out Overclockers have taken the money out, so Ive had to cancel the order with Creative, just so I dont have 2 transactions come out of my bank.

I have to wait until Monday before I can sort this out, as they must not have been working today, no answer by email, or telephone. The problem I have, is finding these speakers in stock anywhere. At the time I ordered from Overclcokers, they were in stock, now they arent. I guess Im going to have to keep my order with Overclockers now, as a refund could take sometime, and their prices are good, but god its frustrating, all this waiting and messing around.

Nephilim
05-08-04, 01:39 PM
Man, I am interested in what you guys have to say about those speakers when you get them. Myself, I couldn't see getting a set of 750w speakers for my PC. I have my Logitech z-680s and I have yet to turn them up past half-way...they are so friggin' loud.

Smokey
05-10-04, 07:42 PM
Will do mate, Ive re ordered them from Creative, so if they are in stock, I should have them by weeks end. I did ring Overclcokers today to see if I could keep the order as the money had been taken out, but it had been cancelled. I couldnt be bothered going through all that for another 2 weeks, so just paid a little more going direct, but at least Creative a quicker and no stuffing around, Ive already bought my 2 speaker stands from them.

Smokey
05-13-04, 02:32 PM
Think these were the same spkrs I remember reading a review in MaxPC a few months back. Think the sub was sub-par but the satellites were decent. Let me know if you like 'em.

I've personally yet to hear any "multimedia" spkrs good enough to take me away from my z680's....

I've got them now :ORDER:

All I can say is, you should really give them a listern for yourself, the sub is far from "sub par" true its not a "boom boom" sub, but Im finding in games, dvds and music the sub is pretty spot on, well for a MM setup anyways.

True, I havent heard the 680's myself, but from reading every review I could find on the internet, this is the best MM setup money can buy, some have said the sub isnt quiet as good as the Klipsch, but if I understand, Klipsch Ultra's sub is a dual sub?

I watched Heat on DVD today, at high volume, and it was fantastic, no distortion at all.

My ZS wasnt sent with my speakers, and that should arrive tomorrow, so things may sound a little better again, as I dont have to upmix.

I was upgrading from some 4-5yrs olf creative 4.1 pos, and this is just heaven. Im no expert, so I cant say, go out and buy these, all I can suggest, is giving them a listern, and make up your own mind, if its an upgrade from you have or not.

|JuiceZ|
05-13-04, 03:08 PM
I've got them now :ORDER:

All I can say is, you should really give them a listern for yourself, the sub is far from "sub par" true its not a "boom boom" sub, but Im finding in games, dvds and music the sub is pretty spot on, well for a MM setup anyways.

True, I havent heard the 680's myself, but from reading every review I could find on the internet, this is the best MM setup money can buy, some have said the sub isnt quiet as good as the Klipsch, but if I understand, Klipsch Ultra's sub is a dual sub?

I watched Heat on DVD today, at high volume, and it was fantastic, no distortion at all.

My ZS wasnt sent with my speakers, and that should arrive tomorrow, so things may sound a little better again, as I dont have to upmix.

I was upgrading from some 4-5yrs olf creative 4.1 pos, and this is just heaven. Im no expert, so I cant say, go out and buy these, all I can suggest, is giving them a listern, and make up your own mind, if its an upgrade from you have or not.

Dang you smokey, don't make me go out and buy another set of sprks already! :p I wonder if the local CompUSA or BestBuy has 'em on display... Too bad I can't turn the sub up on my z680's anyways though livin' in this dagum apt :(

LTech221
05-13-04, 03:55 PM
Congrats on the purchase, I had the S700's for a while now after owning the Klipsch Promedia Ultras and both are great systems for the price able to beat out many so called HTiB's. Ive paird mine up with a Klipch DD-5.1 decoder running off my DVD Player and NForce, soon to go back to my main system which has an Audigy 1 and M-Audio Revolution. The Sub is far from lacking If you truely want the best sub that would go to the Klipsch Ultras, they simply extend deeper than any MM sub made but the Gigas arent too far behind either. Anyways heres a comprehensive review of them http://www.dreamnid.com/theear/creative/clgw750/default.php there are other speakers there also. But the Z680's Are great for the price (for $200ish you wont find another system that has a built in decoder), for games and movies they excell but simply put it, the Gigas/Klipsch Ultras would beat them easily as far as Sound Quality goes. Only Best Buy has the Klipschs no Gigas can really be found anywhere other than probably a Cambridge store if they even stock them. Correct smokey the Ultras use dual 8" woofers in a rather large slotted port housing.

Dazz
05-14-04, 04:56 PM
I should be getting mine tomorrow :)

Smokey
05-14-04, 06:55 PM
I should be getting mine tomorrow :)

Prepare to be Dazz...led ;)

Dazz
05-16-04, 09:05 AM
Yeah i got them yesterday but only just got back from my girlfriends i must say they are pretty heavy 30KGs is pretty heavy for speakers lol. At the moment i only set them up as 5.1 no room for the other 2 speakers :o I must say they have real nice sound quility sound and the speakers and more so the subwoofer dwafs my Inspire 5.1 5300 units :D One thing i like the most is the headphone sockets are at the from box and mutes the speakers, this save hassle of setting the soundcard up as headphones and having to go behind the computer. Handy at night also it allows up to 2 headphones :)

Just wondering how do you have your speakers w/ or w/o grill i have mine with them on.

beckman
05-16-04, 01:08 PM
If you are a lucky Soundstorm owner the 500$ Videologic digitheatre Platinum are hardly impossible to beat as bang for the buck solutions. But I have heard they are almost impossible to get a hold on in the US...

Klipsch are indeed nice too but not as balanced but good for all you bass heads but then the Z-680 is good at that for far less ;)

Smokey
05-17-04, 07:57 AM
I keep the grills on, keeps dust out. But you're right, they are heavy, I had to carry mine up three flights of stairs lol. Sub is huge, and so are the speakers really, and I could do with a bit more space myself, as I fell the speakers are too close to me, I bought two floor stands for the side speakers, might get another two for the back speakers when I have the spare cash.

Glad that you are happy with them.....though you should be for the price :p

Dazz
05-18-04, 01:51 PM
I hear yeah, i love the look of them they look excellent and for £265 they are indeed woth the money, Creative sells theirs for like £320 lol so i saved £55 :)

Smokey
05-18-04, 08:12 PM
I hear yeah, i love the look of them they look excellent and for £265 they are indeed woth the money, Creative sells theirs for like £320 lol so i saved £55 :)

LOL, dont rub that in any further mate, I really wish Overclockers hadnt stuffed me around :lame:

Anyways, here's a couple of bad pics of my setup :D

jAkUp
05-18-04, 08:50 PM
omfg I want those speaker stands!

Dazz
05-19-04, 12:50 PM
LMFAO you have far less space then me :eek:

Smokey
05-19-04, 01:43 PM
Yeah, live in a one bedroom apartment, my flat is all open living, still does the job :)