PDA

View Full Version : ut2k4 key errors

Riptide
04-28-04, 11:28 PM
Tried to do some playing this evening and had the master server kick me after about 5 minutes telling me the cd key was invalid or in use. I know that is not the case... It kept happening and eventually I saw some other people talking about it right before I got kicked again.

Sounds like they are/were having probs w/master server?

Sazar
04-28-04, 11:58 PM
possibly or someone else is using the same key...

GlowStick
04-29-04, 12:11 AM
heh, not me!

that happend to me alot in UT2k3

Sazar
04-29-04, 12:16 AM
yah its happened to me with a few of my retail games though I dun play moh:aa anymore or rtcw...

|JuiceZ|
04-29-04, 06:41 AM
Yea sounds like yer cdkey is in use. There's been a few posts like these over at the INA forums.

Riptide
04-29-04, 08:07 AM
Here's the thing though... One time before I got kicked last night I saw other people saying the same thing was happening to them. Furthermore, the master server was giving out a *real* short list of available servers last night. It was very strange...

I haven't checked it this morning though, so perhaps it's OK now.

|JuiceZ|
04-29-04, 08:12 AM
Well thats awful weird, maybe the Master server was having probs last night? Would make sense especially since you said others were getting the same msgs. I didn't get a chance to play any IG last night so can't confirm on my end.

Mandarb1
04-29-04, 09:43 AM
I was playing last night too and I was able to get in fine, but I was playing CTF and a lot of people were still talking about that and that was around 1am CST.

Riptide
04-29-04, 10:13 AM
I was playing last night too and I was able to get in fine, but I was playing CTF and a lot of people were still talking about that and that was around 1am CST.
Glad to hear it wasn't just me that was having issues then and that someone else heard others talking about it. :thumbsup: