PDA

View Full Version : half life looks soo terrible!!

Pages : [1] 2

retsam
04-29-04, 06:17 AM
here guys you be the judges :ORDER:

http://www.half-life2.de/index.php?news=305

:ORDER:

retsam

stncttr908
04-29-04, 09:28 AM
::sigh::

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5529

MUYA
04-29-04, 12:15 PM
post in the right forum guys pls!

de><ta
04-29-04, 02:10 PM
MU you should have merged both the threads.... :ORDER:

You still have a lot to learn in the fine art of forum of moderations... now go back and re-attend mod school :tongue2:

***CENSORED***
04-29-04, 03:57 PM
I still think HL2 looks great.

Then again, I'm a big fan of detailed textures. Which is why to me, Max Payne 2 looks better than Far Cry.

jAkUp
04-29-04, 04:21 PM
me too... i love high texture resolution... far cry does have some ugly textures in there.... but overall i still think it looks better than max payne2

Woodelf
04-29-04, 07:02 PM
Hey, Gabe. Put it out allready. Your graphics are starting to look dated. In fact Maybe too dated allready. Now see what You let slip.
You waited too long, and see what happened... Nobody want's it anymore (cept the ATI voucher boy's). :jumping:

stncttr908
04-29-04, 07:42 PM
Hey, Gabe. Put it out allready. Your graphics are starting to look dated. In fact Maybe too dated allready. Now see what You let slip.
You waited too long, and see what happened... Nobody want's it anymore (cept the ATI voucher boy's). :jumping:You graphics *****! :D

I want it still and I have no voucher... :screwy:

Woodelf
04-29-04, 08:24 PM
You graphics *****! :D

I want it still and I have no voucher... :screwy:

SHHH!!!... me too, I was just hoping Gabe was reading this. :lol2:

Edge
04-29-04, 08:49 PM
Still looks good to me. Not to mention it's impressive that this will actually run on a 700mhz computer with a Voodoo 3 (obviously it won't look as good, but at least it's very scaleable). Then again, I'm just going by memory since now that page only displays a "Error: News konnte nicht gefunden werden!"

SH64
04-29-04, 09:41 PM
Whats terrible with the new HL2 screenshots ?
they still look great to me .. (dont forget that most HL2 screenshots was taken w/o AA too)

stncttr908
04-29-04, 10:50 PM
Whats terrible with the new HL2 screenshots ?
they still look great to me .. (dont forget that most HL2 screenshots was taken w/o AA too)Given ATI's recent driver history, antialiasing will probably be broken w/it anyway. :bash:

SuLinUX
04-29-04, 11:15 PM
Take this shot

http://images.3dgamers.com/screenimages/games/halflife2/03.jpg

The people look 2d like original Doom and look stuck on to the background :rolleyes:

Edge
04-30-04, 12:09 AM
Umm...ok, you're comparing THAT shot to Doom? Right...

jAkUp
04-30-04, 12:12 AM
those shots all look like they wre taken from the alpha... old buggy code

Clay
04-30-04, 12:32 AM
Here are some new shots/scans...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.palethorpe/HL2/

Edge
04-30-04, 12:53 AM
Bah, half the pictures at that site are old shots as well (except for the PCZone shots). Hell, I remember PLAYING through half the pictures on that page! Err umm...I mean...watched my friend play through it :bleh:

silence
04-30-04, 01:22 AM
after Far Cry there is no more that "WoooW!!!" factor HL2 had last year.

plain and simple.

it _might_ be good game, but the edge they had last year is gone and no hype will help there. i also dont understand why they are hyping it again... like they didnt learn sh|t from last year. IMO, they should keep their mouths shut and work as hard as possible...and maybe then we would be surprised. this is just lame.

Clay
04-30-04, 08:40 AM
Bah, half the pictures at that site are old shots as well (except for the PCZone shots). Hell, I remember PLAYING through half the pictures on that page! Err umm...I mean...watched my friend play through it :bleh:Well...some of them are new (the other half). I wouldn't divulge the information that you just did about playing stolen software if I were you. :bleh:

Edge
04-30-04, 04:38 PM
Hey, I said I watched my FRIEND play through it, there's nothing illegal about watching your friend play a stolen game ;) . Wait...or is there?

Clay
04-30-04, 04:45 PM
Beats me. Just saying that you're better safe than sorry. ;)

Heavyd
05-01-04, 10:21 AM
Half-Life 2 is going to be as Crappy as Half-life one, I don't understand some of you people and your obsession with half-life, Sure the story Line is alright, The gameplay stinks and the graphics only look good if u compare them to Id classics/raven classics. Like anygame other game with Opengl/D3D supports looks better than it. My friend said that Halflife1 and 2 have better graphics then Ut2004. Like common man, Thats just Bull. Can't believe i wasted $9.99CND to buy it.

OldOfEvil
05-01-04, 10:53 AM
Meh, it looks good but not that good.

Woodelf
05-01-04, 11:20 AM
I agree with just about everyone here, but would like to add one thing. With half life, visuals were only half of the experience. You had the freaky atmosphere that would make the back of your neck tingle. It was the game play (and storyline)that made Half life what it was (over unreal), and game play is what will make it #1 again (I hope). :)

Edge
05-01-04, 03:36 PM
Half-Life 2 is going to be as Crappy as Half-life one, I don't understand some of you people and your obsession with half-life, Sure the story Line is alright, The gameplay stinks and the graphics only look good if u compare them to Id classics/raven classics. Like anygame other game with Opengl/D3D supports looks better than it. My friend said that Halflife1 and 2 have better graphics then Ut2004. Like common man, Thats just Bull. Can't believe i wasted $9.99CND to buy it.

Wow....just wow. You're giving your opinion on a 5 year old game, and the first thing you mention is how bad the graphics are? What in the hell do you expect, it's based on the Quake 1 engine for god's sake. Seriously, why the hell didn't you actually play it when it was released rather than waiting several years and expecting it to still somehow be the best in everything? HL1 was amazing for it's day, so of course many FPS games "borrowed" a number of elements for it, so what was once revolutionary became standard. Without HL many modern day FPS games would be DRASTICALLY different, it's like going back to Doom and saying "Ya know that game was actually really crappy, it was just a generic run-and-gun shooter with bad looking 2d monsters and simplistic gameplay".

Not to mention it's obvious you haven't played any of the excellent mods for the game such as Natural Selection.