PDA

View Full Version : MS Optical Desktop - Bluetooth

OldOfEvil
04-29-04, 11:34 PM
I've had my Bluetooth bundle (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?DEPA=0&submit=manufactory&catalog=63&manufactory=1149&description=&Order=priceD) for about a month now, I loved it, but I didn't like the laggy mouse. I asked another computer friend if there was anything I could do. I told him I had the transceiver sitting in-between my 2 monitors ( 17, and 19 inch CRTs ) he said big no no. I get home today and move it ( the receiver ) to a nearby book shelf and decided to move the giant bunny ears ( Don't have cable TV yet :| ) and low and behold Its like my Mouse just got OCed, still has a tiny bit of lag compared to my with-cord optical explorer, is their anything else I should avoid or can do to improve signal and speed? And damn, now this thing is "clean" its teh kool

Sazar
04-30-04, 10:20 AM
you can play around with the sampling rate... I have that with my logitech optical and assume you have a similar setting...

hgher sampling == smoother mouse movement though battery life decreases...

OldOfEvil
04-30-04, 07:10 PM
Hmm, just looked and I don't have anything like that. Something like that would be nice, I get my batteries in bulk so its not a huge deal how long they last.