PDA

View Full Version : GF4 AA question?

CWB
05-01-04, 01:36 PM
I have a GF4 TI4600 w/Nvidia ref. drivers 56.72. While playing an old naval warfare game (Fighting Steel), I noticed that any level of AA (2x-4xS) seems to make the ship textures "grainy" and wash out the colors. Neither Texture Sharpening nor 8x AF seem to help the problem at all (although AF does improve IQ otherwise). I can't stand to play this game (640x480 only) with all the jaggies, but also don't want to use AA if its going to degrade the already-ancient IQ any further. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

BigE4u
05-01-04, 01:44 PM
Have you tried different drivers? When i had my ti4400 running, i used nothing but v44.03, awesome balance of quality and speed IMO. Im thinking the drivers your using are more for the FX series cards, just a thought.

ChrisRay
05-02-04, 04:02 AM
I have a GF4 TI4600 w/Nvidia ref. drivers 56.72. While playing an old naval warfare game (Fighting Steel), I noticed that any level of AA (2x-4xS) seems to make the ship textures "grainy" and wash out the colors. Neither Texture Sharpening nor 8x AF seem to help the problem at all (although AF does improve IQ otherwise). I can't stand to play this game (640x480 only) with all the jaggies, but also don't want to use AA if its going to degrade the already-ancient IQ any further. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the Pure Super Sampling Modes? 2x2 Super Sampling Enabled with Riva tuner?