PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

vampireuk
05-03-04, 03:57 AM
Is anybody else dying to get hold of this as much as I am? Already pre-ordered my copy :D

ChrisRay
05-03-04, 05:52 AM
I am pretty excited about the game as well. ANy idea of its prospected release date?

PaiN
05-03-04, 07:06 AM
I hardley ever play anything MP(its my anti-social personality ;)).......and I've never even considered a MMPOLRPG like EverQuest.
But for some reason WoW has my interest.....I'm starting to read everything I see on it, I think it could be great :screwy: , hmm....might be time to expand my horizons.

marqmajere
05-03-04, 08:31 AM
Absolutly. WoW looks to be the next big mmorpg and I'm jumping on that bandwagon. :)

Clay
05-03-04, 09:08 AM
Yup, I'm jonsin for it.

vampireuk
05-03-04, 10:26 AM
Perhaps all of us who are going to play should create a guild, that way we will always have a player with whatever skills would be required :D

stncttr908
05-03-04, 11:20 AM
I don't like the entire concept of paying for a game again and again that I already paid for, regardless of how much money it takes to keep the servers maintained and add additonal content.

That's a shame I suppose, since I'll probably miss out on one great game.

Clay
05-03-04, 11:24 AM
I don't like the entire concept of paying for a game again and again that I already paid for, regardless of how much money it takes to keep the servers maintained and add additonal content.

That's a shame I suppose, since I'll probably miss out on one great game.
That's a great point and one that has kept me away from MMORPGs. Why don't developers just sell out and slap an IBM logo on the back of a your character or have Coca Cola banners hanging from rooftops in the towns? Sponsorship, pay for the game that way...not by leeching monthly fees from the gamers.

vampireuk
05-03-04, 03:31 PM
I've always objected to monthly fees but this game just looks too awesome to ignore. Plus lets face it Blizzard are only charging fees because they really have to. Battlenet must cost them a bucketload of cash in the first place :D

Zeta
05-03-04, 04:05 PM
That's a great point and one that has kept me away from MMORPGs. Why don't developers just sell out and slap an IBM logo on the back of a your character or have Coca Cola banners hanging from rooftops in the towns? Sponsorship, pay for the game that way...not by leeching monthly fees from the gamers.

Guild Wars (http://www.guildwars.com) No monthly fee.

Clay
05-03-04, 04:18 PM
Yes, I've had my eye on that game as well. Is that development house (ArenaNet is it?) comprised of some ex-Blizzard employees?