Market Share
Intel: from 31.7% to 33%
NVIDIA: from 24.7% to 27.2%
ATI: from 25.2% to 24%

Quarterly Shipments
Intel: 3.8% decline
NVIDIA: 2% increase
ATI: 11.5% decline !!!

Details (http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=762&s=1)

Socos
05-04-04, 01:22 PM
Market Share

Quarterly Shipments

Two questions, where did this come from, and what Nivida cards are people buying???

stncttr908
05-04-04, 01:26 PM
Who cares where where NVIDIA and ATI are, or if they switch positions. What we need is to get Intel out of there, so people with **** Intel integrated graphics can stop holding our games back. Their onboard chipsets don't even support Hardware T&L. Give me a break.

volkskrant
05-04-04, 02:36 PM
Market Share

Quarterly Shipments

John Peddie research. The name says it all :rofl

Shadowx
05-04-04, 09:47 PM
Who cares where where NVIDIA and ATI are, or if they switch positions. What we need is to get Intel out of there, so people with **** Intel integrated graphics can stop holding our games back. Their onboard chipsets don't even support Hardware T&L. Give me a break.

Agree last nigth i went to configure a piato to my friend new PC 200g disck, 2.4ghz P4, 1g ram and a crapy Intel integreated videocard with 800x600 and 1280 res!!!! That sucks to much ass!!!!!

Snarfy
05-04-04, 10:16 PM
Market Share

Quarterly Shipments

from 31.7% to 33% is a 1.3% increase
from 24.7% to 27.2% is a 2.5% increase
from 25.2% to 24% is a 1.2% decrease

that doesnt correspond with the changes in quarterly shipments. i smell a rat :lame:

nForceMan
05-05-04, 08:13 AM
that doesnt correspond with the changes in quarterly shipments.
Quarterly shipments doesn't have to correspond to the market share ( e.g. you should also consider sales from local stocks ). But I'm not a market analyst expert, so I could be wrong.
Anyway, I've searched the original report for you:

Desktop GPUs Exhibit Relative Strength, Intel and Nvidia on the Rise (http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news/news.php?nid=2461)
Nvidia was the only supplier to the graphics market to increase its overall unit shipments in Q1'04 as compared to Q4'03.
Oh yes, it seems the 5900XT/SE cards have successfully accomplished their mission! :thumbsup:

nForceMan
05-07-04, 10:06 AM
NVIDIA Reports Operating Results for First Quarter Fiscal Year 2005 (http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nvda&script=410&layout=9&item_id=524344)

From the main page:

In a prepared speech, Jen-Hsun spoke at length of the significance of Shader Model 3.0 and the GeForce 6 series of GPUs. The GeForce 6 is a new architecture and the supporting compiler debuts at version 1.0. Jen-Hsun foresees increased performance from future compiler and driver releases. He also praised NVIDIA's engineering team for their work on the GeForce 6.
During the question and answer session, Jen-Hsun stated that the NV4x product line will have better margins than the NV3x. He added that although the NV40 has 40% more transistors than ATI's R420, the NV40 dye size is only 9% larger. He estimates that the NV40's cost per wafer is 10-15% lower than the R420, which is manufactured using the more expensive low-k dialectric process.

Jen-Hsun referred to the GeForce 6 as being "defect immune" due to the redundancy and reconfigurability of the processor design to enhance yield by recovering from manufacturing defects. This design is based on patented technology that NVIDIA invested heavily in.

volkskrant
05-08-04, 01:03 AM
NVIDIA Reports Operating Results for First Quarter Fiscal Year 2005 (http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nvda&script=410&layout=9&item_id=524344)

From the main page:
In an interview with Huddy from Ati they expect the same.
Ah... And did'n the Nvidia CEO say before the NV40 launch that the NV40 would have one molex.

PR... Really thrustworthy :retard:

evilchris
05-08-04, 01:22 AM
In an interview with Huddy from Ati they expect the same.
Ah... And did'n the Nvidia CEO say before the NV40 launch that the NV40 would have one molex.

PR... Really thrustworthy :retard:

I just have to ask... who CARES what Richard Huddy says? That quote of his in your sig is retarded. Ego-trip, I mean PLEASE.

volkskrant
05-08-04, 01:24 AM
I just have to ask... who CARES what Richard Huddy says? That quote of his in your sig is retarded. Ego-trip, I mean PLEASE.
You seem to care :retard:

evilchris
05-08-04, 01:29 AM
You seem to care :retard:

Actually I don't. :retard: :retard: :retard: :rofl:

Carbon Unit
05-08-04, 01:42 AM
Two questions, where did this come from, and what Nivida cards are people buying???People are buying Nforce 2 and 3 chipset based boards, FX Quadro's, and what ever the OEM builder is slapping in the pc (Dell, HP, Compaq) and yes the occasional FX desktop card

volkskrant
05-08-04, 02:03 AM
Actually I don't. :retard: :retard: :retard: :rofl:
Than why post the heated post?:lol2:

damita
05-08-04, 03:00 AM

who cares about anything you say, your sig, or your avatar? I found the Huddy quote interesting. get over yourself.

Nutty
05-08-04, 06:53 AM
The point is, Richard Huddy is unlikely to say anything else. Hes not gonna say NV did a great job is he? He works for ATI, therefore all his comments are undoubtedly biased.

Same with NV employee quotes. Seems to me they knew where to aim pretty well from what I've seen.

damita
05-08-04, 08:00 AM
The point is, Richard Huddy is unlikely to say anything else. Hes not gonna say NV did a great job is he? He works for ATI, therefore all his comments are undoubtedly biased.

Same with NV employee quotes. Seems to me they knew where to aim pretty well from what I've seen.

I'm not going to claim he's unbiased, but his points are based on facts (the X800 does have lower power and cooling requirements and is significantly smaller), and not just pure opinion (such as the famous "ATI are smoking something...").

Nutty
05-08-04, 08:11 AM
Facts?

It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim.
Pure opinion.

As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture.
Power hungry because it has loads more transistors, and loads more features.

We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at.

Cost? Not according to Jen who claims their chips have lower costs that R420's.

Theres hardly any facts in there. Mainly biased opinion, and selective contexts.

volkskrant
05-08-04, 08:17 AM
Power hungry because it has loads more transistors, and loads more features.
Fact: NV40 is more power hunfry than R420. Period.

damita
05-08-04, 08:25 AM
...loads more features...

opinion.

Lfctony
05-08-04, 08:29 AM
opinion.

Biased. As far as I know, there's SM3.0 and the onboard video processor, so the extra features are a fact and not an opinion. You are obviously very Pro-ATI and refuse to aknowledge the NV40 as something good.

Nutty
05-08-04, 08:31 AM
Fact: NV40 is more power hunfry than R420. Period.

And? So is a Ferrari over a Skoda.. whats your point ? The power is needed for a reason.

I could say NV40 is more efficient because it runs at lower clock speed, for similar performance.

opinion.
Not really. From a programming perspective it does, VS3.0, PS3.0, floating point frame buffer blending. The only new API feature R420 has is 3Dc AFAIK.

volkskrant
05-08-04, 08:37 AM
And? So is a Ferrari over a Skoda.. whats your point ? The power is needed for a reason.

I could say NV40 is more efficient because it runs at lower clock speed, for similar performance.
Ati=Ferrari and NV=Skoda :rofl

Nutty
05-08-04, 08:39 AM
*bows to your superior reasoning* :rolleyes:

damita
05-08-04, 08:45 AM
Biased. As far as I know, there's SM3.0 and the onboard video processor, so the extra features are a fact and not an opinion. You are obviously very Pro-ATI and refuse to aknowledge the NV40 as something good.

that's 2 (1 doesn't even work at the moment, and the other has questionable benefits). 2 is not loads. plus you are ignoring the features ATI has that nvidia doesn' e,g. 3DC, higher AA.

I do not deny NV40 is good, but I do believe the X800 cards are generally better (at the things I care about).