PDA

View Full Version : Freeware Games

NightFire
05-04-04, 09:58 PM
Hello, and welcome to my first official post...well second, but hey, who's couting?

Anyway, does anyone know about some good freeware games?
Preferably under the 18 MB range, and not only online, as I have 56K dialup. :(
Any and all suggestions welcome, as well as insults, and whatnot.
Please be warned that I may not respond to this thread.
Thank you. That is all.

GamerGuyX
05-04-04, 10:06 PM
Have you tried an emulator (The good ones like ZSnes and Gens)? ;) If you ask me, playing all these old Snes and Genesis games again is just as fun as playing some of the new games out there! Plus, I can get better graphics (as in picture quality/higher resolution) than what I could get back in the day. The REALLY cool thing is that the emulators I mentioned have most of the bugs worked out and are almost PERFECT!

Oh, and if anybody was wondering, I own all the original games that I play with using the emulator. :wonder:

NightFire
05-04-04, 10:21 PM
Yeah:)
I've got Visual Boy Advance and Zsnes.
Play the hell out of Chrono Trigger, FF:TA, Super Metroid, Act Raiser, Golden Sun...
I'm just getting a little tired of downloading some freeware, and having it turn out to be crap.
But for anyone reading, I would HIGHLY recommend "N". Best platformer I have played in a while. And "ChoRenSha68k". Best shoot em up, ever!
Well, it's debatable, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

stncttr908
05-04-04, 11:11 PM
Tribes and Tribes 2 are now free!

NightFire
05-04-04, 11:15 PM
Really?
Where can I get them?

Edge
05-04-04, 11:18 PM
Well, since you're on 56k, you should be able to appreciate this mini-game ;): http://www.theprodukkt.com/

Oh, and I seem to recal a few free games released recently, I think the old adventure game Beneth a Steel Sky was made freeware a few months ago. Tribes 1/2 you should be able to get from Fileplanet.

NightFire
05-04-04, 11:32 PM
Thanks edge, but I already have a copy.
If you'll note my coniguration, I can't run it on my POS GF4 MX.
Still looks cool, though. Man I HAVE TO UPGRADE!

Edge
05-05-04, 12:31 AM
Really? I thought it worked on the GF4mx? Oh well, still impressive that it runs at all for as small as it is. I'll try to find a link to another free game I was playing earlier, if only I could remember what it was...

NightFire
05-16-04, 10:29 PM
Okay, found one. Abuse. One of the freakiest platformers ever.

Oh yeah, and "5 days a Stranger". Very spooky.

Until later...