PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Graphics Leader for Q1/Q2 of 2004?

Pages : [1] 2 3

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 03:37 PM
Please don't even say why you picked one or the other. Many members are getting banned for anything negative said about a certain company. Just vote.

vampireuk
05-06-04, 03:38 PM
Please don't even say why you picked one or the other. Many members are getting banned for anything negative said about a certain company. Just vote.

Well done you make a statement about something you don't understand. Perhaps you should just be quiet about members who get banned, a quick hint, they were banned previously.

Spotch
05-06-04, 03:48 PM

I picked ATI because Ruby outfought Nalu on the boat.

"The water is beautiful(shaders)."

:lol2:

Unfortunately some people don't appreciate creative fanboyism anymore. Although its true that your story seemed to just run out. Perhaps you should have introduce BoBo the ATI demo chimp as he exploded from the bilge and clamped onto Nalu's back causing her to loose the strangle hold on Ruby..... well you know something like that. :rolleyes:

Casper
05-06-04, 03:59 PM
ATI won first round. Ready for Round 2 with dx 9.0c and Shader model 3 patch in Far Cry ;)

vampireuk
05-06-04, 04:05 PM
Also with a name like NVIDIA sucks the author of this thread seems to be off to a non biased start ;)

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 04:06 PM
I picked ATI because Ruby outfought Nalu on the boat.

"The water is beautiful(shaders)."

:lol2:

Unfortunately some people don't appreciate creative fanboyism anymore. Although its true that your story seemed to just run out. Perhaps you should have introduce BoBo the ATI demo chimp as he exploded from the bilge and clamped onto Nalu's back causing her to loose the strangle hold on Ruby..... well you know something like that. :rolleyes:

Hehehe... you should write the next meeting of the two. It was a 10min writeup, first thing ever written. (as you couldn't tell) I wanted a T-shirt. :)

CaiNaM
05-06-04, 04:07 PM
i've said many 'negative' things and have not been banned, nor even threatened.

this is a discussion forum, and you'll get different opinions incl. positive and negative content. but there's a difference between "af sucks with the new algorithm compared to previous methods" and "6800 sux and r42 roxors!".. it's hardly 'unfair' here, and frankly the mods give alot more leeway here than most places.

anyway apologize for the rant.. and heaven forbit i risk banning :rolleyes: but i'll pick ati for now, tho imo they're winning the "battle" but the "war" is still ongoing ;)

vampireuk
05-06-04, 04:08 PM
/me waves his flibble stick

nah he said good things he can stay....for now :p

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 04:08 PM
Also with a name like NVIDIA sucks the author of this thread seems to be off to a non biased start ;)

Is there anyone here who really isn't biased to something or another? I mean really! You aren't biased to Nvidia? Penguins? Flibbing? I just like to have fun. If 6800u would have won I would have been poking at the fanatics. People take this stuff too serious. I actually have a ton of Nvidia stuff in all of my computers, just not video cards in my gaming systems.

Clay
05-06-04, 04:10 PM
i've said many 'negative' things and have not been banned, nor even threatened.

this is a discussion forum, and you'll get different opinions incl. positive and negative content. but there's a difference between "af sucks with the new algorithm compared to previous methods" and "6800 sux and r42 roxors!".. it's hardly 'unfair' here, and frankly the mods give alot more leeway here than most places.

anyway apologize for the rant.. and heaven forbit i risk banning :rolleyes: but i'll pick ati for now, tho imo they're winning the "battle" but the "war" is still ongoing ;)
Awww CaiNaM...quit butt...err...your avatar's pic :drooling: ...hmmph? What? oh yeah... *ahem* quit trying to kiss our butts and just keep being a sensible forum member here. ;) j/k you know. :D

vampireuk
05-06-04, 04:10 PM
Well it just seemed to be a suspicious start bringing up bannings with a name like that, but yes all of us have a little fanboy in all of us. I personally prefer NVIDIA because of their more reliable drivers (in my opinion of course).

Welcome to ze boards anywho

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 04:11 PM
Awww CaiNaM...quit butt...err...your avatar's pic :drooling: ...hmmph? What? oh yeah... *ahem* quit trying to kiss our butts and just keep being a sensible forum member here. ;) j/k you know. :D

Cainam kicks ass, and his collection of avatars pwn me.. :drooling:

walkndude
05-06-04, 04:15 PM
new member ? It's creedamd...

Clay
05-06-04, 04:16 PM
Is there anyone here who really isn't biased to something or another? I mean really! You aren't biased to Nvidia? Penguins? Flibbing? I just like to have fun. If 6800u would have won I would have been poking at the fanatics. People take this stuff too serious. I actually have a ton of Nvidia stuff in all of my computers, just not video cards in my gaming systems.
If you're an adult you should have learned by now that there is no such thing as an unbiased person...on most any topic... Sure, many of us here "prefer" NVIDIA products but I wouldn't go so far as to say that we are stupidly biased or fanboyish.

Yes, people do take this stuff too seriously.

You've attracted a lot of attention from the mods here because: you have a low post count, are making fanboyish statements, acting like a threadclown in general...and, this post that you made:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=317940&postcount=104

That is moronic at best. You should really think before you make posts like that, makes you look pretty dim. Mike's chart is nothing more than a consolidation of all the reviews that are out there. He didn't write those reviews! He openly stated that he used his best judgement to determine a winner, loser or draw situation. He's not waving an NVIDIA flag and being an idiot with that consolidation chart. Good grief man, sac up, please.

CaiNaM
05-06-04, 04:17 PM
Cainam kicks ass, and his collection of avatars pwn me.. :drooling:

you should see the homer simpson g-string one.. but THAT might get me banned, lol... :jumping:

fallguy
05-06-04, 04:19 PM
I voted for ATi, for what I think are obvious reasons.

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 04:21 PM
If you're an adult you should have learned by now that there is no such thing as an unbiased person...on most any topic... Sure, many of us here "prefer" NVIDIA products but I wouldn't go so far as to say that we are stupidly biased or fanboyish.

Yes, people do take this stuff too seriously.

You've attracted a lot of attention from the mods here because: you have a low post count, are making fanboyish statements, acting like a threadclown in general...and, this post that you made:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=317940&postcount=104

That is moronic at best. You should really think before you make posts like that, makes you look pretty dim. Mike's chart is nothing more than a consolidation of all the reviews that are out there. He didn't write those reviews! He openly stated that he used his best judgement to determine a winner, loser or draw situation. He's not waving an NVIDIA flag and being an idiot with that consolidation chart. Good grief man, sac up, please.

I fixed it, sorry, I was out of line, I should show more respect.

DMA
05-06-04, 04:21 PM
new member ? It's creedamd...

Oh that guy again. :screwy:
Mr "i need some Lithium but i can't afford it"

SIgh..

walkndude
05-06-04, 04:23 PM
I'm not just guessing here, he opened fis first post with that creative writing piece and signed it creedamd...

walkndude
05-06-04, 04:25 PM
Mr "i need some Lithium but i can't afford it"

nah, its pretty "normal"
to have 120+ posts in a day...

NsVuIcDkIsA
05-06-04, 04:25 PM
I'm not just guessing here, he opened fis first post with that creative writing piece and signed it creedamd...

creative? thanks!

Clay
05-06-04, 04:27 PM
I fixed it, sorry, I was out of line, I should show more respect.Well for what it's worth "thanks". That's more than most people would do. I don't know if "respect" is really the right word. I would use "common sense". It just seems like you didn't even read the thread, saw the graph and made a knee-jerk post. Anyone that reads that thread can obviously see that Mike didn't make this for any kind of propaganda or FUD reasons. It is what it is, a consolidation of many of the current reviews.

CaiNaM
05-06-04, 04:45 PM
ok.. placed my vote for ati.

as for reasons, primarily:

1. SM3 - the jury is out.. but it's the main reason i haven't ordered an x800 yet.
2. lower power usage, smaller form factor. to me, a cleaner design.
3. time to market, better availability.
4. marginal performance advantage.

3dc and additional aa modes offered by ati really aren't an issue for me.. nice "throw ins", but nothing i would buy a card over. if they come thru with more driver features as rumor has it, that would make the ati even more appealing to me...

Jarred
05-06-04, 04:46 PM
I don't think there is a clear winner here, maybe we'll know more when they actually hit the shelves.

there should be a "tie" option in the poll. :)

theres too many things in limbo right now

1. Impact of ps3.0
2. Prices
3. Drivers
4. How they run on future games.

Templar
05-06-04, 04:47 PM
The war still goes on. ERGO no one has won yet.

Simon