PDA

View Full Version : 6800 Release Date?

Nick W
05-07-04, 03:42 AM
Hi,

I cant find when i'll be able to get hold of a 6800, Im buying in the UK.

Can anyone tell me when/where I'll be able to get one?

Many thx

Nick

damita
05-07-04, 03:48 AM
it sucks for us in the UK, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a month longer than widespread USA availability and still costs ****loads more.

I think one of the first places to get it will be the likes of http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ (but beware crap customer support) and not dabs or ebuyer (I prefer)

Casper
05-07-04, 03:55 AM
I have noticed the same thing. Sweden almost get things as fast as the US whereas UK buyers have to wait a fair bit longer. I don´t know if it´s because swedish resellers import directly from US or something...

Nick W
05-07-04, 04:26 AM
So does anyone know when we will see the first 6800's anywhere at all?

Nick

DJMONDY
05-07-04, 04:37 AM
We should see the first of the cards appearing mid may.
Definitly should see something before mid june(i hope).

Slappi
05-07-04, 07:18 AM
We should see the first of the cards appearing mid may.
Definitly should see something before mid june(i hope).

Well the CEO of Nvidia just said during their CC that NV40s were not yet in mass production so....... I doubt you will see normal supplies before June.

saturnotaku
05-07-04, 07:22 AM
I doubt you will see normal supplies before June.

And we shouldn't forget that those early supplies will likely be priced above MSRP at a lot of online retailers. If you want to be one of the first on your block to own one, you might be best served to find a big box retailer and get it from there.

Nick W
05-07-04, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone!

I just bought a FX5959 Ultra ;-)

I cant wait that long, i'll get a 6800 next year when i go 64bit ;)

Cheers all

Nick

gordon151
05-07-04, 07:29 AM
Damn dude, you seriously couldn't wait just a month or bit more? The games aren't going anywhere man :P.

Nick W
05-07-04, 07:49 AM
Yeah, i know, but my wife is pregnant, I just got a big cheque and that money will have found other uses in a month! ;-)

If i dont get somthing now, it'll all go on baby stuff, (which aint a bad thing, but daddy gotta have his games too!) hehe!

Nick

zakelwe
05-07-04, 08:31 AM
Yeah, i know, but my wife is pregnant, I just got a big cheque and that money will have found other uses in a month! ;-)

If i dont get somthing now, it'll all go on baby stuff, (which aint a bad thing, but daddy gotta have his games too!) hehe!

Nick

When my wife went into labour at 8am I played SOF2 online until 7pm until she said we had to go to the hospital, I took her and we just got there in time !

After the birth she went to sleep and I went home and started playing again.

Nowadays I get hardly any time to play, so it seems. My daughter at this moment is sleeping but when she wakes up I will have to dash. I am at home on holiday but she has chicken pox !

So make the most of it, while you can.

Regards

Andy