PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life done in 56 minutes

DMA
05-07-04, 12:40 PM
http://www.gamershell.com/download_5745.shtml
~470 MB

I've watched about half of it now and it's pretty weird. (crazy)
It's been about 4 years since i played HL and ohhh..the memories. :D

Vash
05-07-04, 04:53 PM
56 minutes? That's pretty impressive. My best time was just over three hours, IIRC.

saturnotaku
05-07-04, 05:01 PM
56 minutes? That's pretty impressive. My best time was just over three hours, IIRC.

You were like 3:10 - I was around 3:05. I know we were both very close. :)

56 minutes sounds like a challenge. I might have to take it on. :D

GlowStick
05-07-04, 05:01 PM
I want to see it, but its not on file shack grr

de><ta
05-08-04, 01:14 PM
My best is like 5 to 6 hours on the hard :|

The video is of a guy playing it on hard mode is it not? (downloading the vid now 548KBps)

DMA
05-08-04, 01:25 PM
My best is like 5 to 6 hours on the hard :|

The video is of a guy playing it on hard mode is it not? (downloading the vid now 548KBps)

Well, apparently he didn't play/record it in one run and i bet he was playing it on "easy". :o
Still I did NOT record the run in one part. I actually made 42 small parts. It took me almost two weeks to record it. Some tricks took many many tries to do flawlessly. For example after reaching the alien world "Xen" I do a great jump across the level. Getting this one recorded took me certainly over 100 tries

More here (http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/halflife.html)

Pretty cool to watch though. :lol:

Vash
05-08-04, 08:22 PM
You were like 3:10 - I was around 3:05. I know we were both very close. :)

Yep, only a few minutes apart. That was on hard, I remember that much.

56 minutes sounds like a challenge.I might have to take it on. :D

That's it, then! If we can get Doug in on it, we could have a 3 way race. With (lame) prizes, to boot.

de><ta
05-10-04, 08:41 AM
He def. is playing on easy, when I played it on hard, I was getting shot by those marines like hell.

Plus he skips 3 levels (using those trip mines) and takes numerous shortcuts. :lame:

Plus have you noticed that his ammo goes to 0 and then he gets more ammo all of a sudden...

GlowStick
05-10-04, 04:25 PM
He def. is playing on easy, when I played it on hard, I was getting shot by those marines like hell.

Plus he skips 3 levels (using those trip mines) and takes numerous shortcuts. :lame:

Plus have you noticed that his ammo goes to 0 and then he gets more ammo all of a sudden...
Thats cuz he had to tie the demos together, and didnt do a perfect job but the ammo count is accurate, just hl dosent refresh it.

But yeah hes on easy, no aruging that.

But skipping levels and finding shortcuts is the whole point to speed running!

Ever seen Quake done Quick :drooling:

saturnotaku
05-10-04, 05:11 PM
That's it, then! If we can get Doug in on it, we could have a 3 way race. With (lame) prizes, to boot.

Damn, I wish I wasn't going out of town this weekend else I would be all about that. :fu:

Vash
05-10-04, 10:30 PM
Damn, I wish I wasn't going out of town this weekend else I would be all about that. :fu:

Yeah, that does suck. Ah well - some other time.