PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot of Monolith's Mystery Project

jAkUp
05-08-04, 01:52 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5703&stc=1

Vivendi Universal sends along the first screenshot of Monolith's Mystery Project that they will be showing off behind closed doors at E3 (story). The blurb describing the game is same as before: "This project might be described as The Matrix meets The Ring, an intense close-quarters combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging story presented entirely in first person."
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=48783

Maybe Blood3? That would be pretty sweet. Anyways, looks interesting and I can't wait to see this one at E3 :D

Nephilim
05-08-04, 02:10 PM
Wow....that's a lot of particles.

Smokey
05-08-04, 03:04 PM
Wow....that's a lot of particles.

I was just thinking the samething :)

DMA
05-08-04, 04:36 PM
Sweet! :drooling:
The games name is Mystery Project? Or it's simply a mystery project they haven't showed before? :o

Looks awesome.

jAkUp
05-08-04, 04:40 PM
Its an unannounced project... a mystery title ;)

LiquidX
05-08-04, 06:32 PM
I wouldnt mind another NOLF set in the present instead of the 60's.

***CENSORED***
05-08-04, 06:53 PM
Rumor is that this is indeed NOLF 3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=104206

GlowStick
05-08-04, 07:18 PM
Heh, monoliths engines are really buggy.

jAkUp
05-08-04, 07:28 PM
Yea they are..lol.. Usually they are fixed in a few patches though... Anyone remember Shogo? That was monolith wasn't it?

Smokey
05-08-04, 07:29 PM
Heh, monoliths engines are really buggy.

I didnt think that NOLF2 was that bad, was quite good accually
:)

GlowStick
05-08-04, 07:34 PM
I didnt think that NOLF2 was that bad, was quite good accually
:)
Ill give you that, NOLF2 worked out of the box with my system.

But Shogo, NOLF did not, i had to wait for a patch combined with new drivers to make it work heh.

monkeydust
05-08-04, 07:37 PM
NOLF2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I think it looked and played great.

I'd be very happy if it was indeed NOLF3.

MrTexTure
05-09-04, 08:41 AM
NOLF2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I think it looked and played great.

I'd be very happy if it was indeed NOLF3.

So true :-)

Nephilim
05-09-04, 11:13 AM
Yea they are..lol.. Usually they are fixed in a few patches though... Anyone remember Shogo? That was monolith wasn't it?

Yeah, I have that game. I was a lot of fun.

adv1
05-09-04, 05:30 PM
Shogo, No One Lives Forever, NOLF 2, Aliens vs Predator 2... Monolith have been responsible for some of my favourite shooters.

And although Contract Jack was very disappointing, I also would really like to see a NOLF 3.

saturnotaku
05-09-04, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I have that game. I was a lot of fun.

Shogo remains one of the most underrated and underappreciated games of all time. At its time of release, the visuals were outstanding (great use of lighting effects, especially on TNT cards), the story was halfway decent and the balance between mech combat and standard first person battles was done brilliantly.

For being as old as it is, the game still runs brilliantly on Windows XP and modern graphics hardware. Only thing is, above 1024x768 resolution, the text is incredibly hard to read.

jAkUp
05-09-04, 09:12 PM
hey guys, look at the top of the picture, the lighting on that pole right in the middle, could that be dx9 effects?? :D :D :D

gmontem
05-09-04, 10:40 PM
I haven't played many FPS games but the guy at the right jumping from the window looks pretty new to me.

Pafet
05-10-04, 03:52 AM
I haven't played many FPS games but the guy at the right jumping from the window looks pretty new to me.

:D I thought it was a mirror...

And I loved Shogo. remember the ending with that japaneses song? I have it somewhere in mp3 format :D
The original Bood is great to..
"What are you gonna do? Bleeeeed on me?" - Caleb :kill:

nVidi0t
05-10-04, 05:14 AM
I sure hope it's NOLF 3. They really have to redeem themselves after that POS Contract J.A.C.K.