PDA

View Full Version : Papyrus Closed

jAkUp
05-08-04, 02:26 PM
The only OFFICIAL words we have been given are:

Yes, Papyrus has closed up shop for good. Sorry, but it is true.

The last time I asked a few weeks back, the statement was that multiplayer will continue to be fully supported. Nothing has been said to change this, but we are asking again to be sure. The reason parts are still down is they physically moved the servers from Boston to LA. The bugs arn't worked out yet.
http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=7619

:( Sad, great games they made. I have very fond memories of driving backwards on Daytona to check out the damage model... This was in the old Nascar game... Completely dos, 95 maybe?

GlowStick
05-08-04, 07:19 PM
I rember playing a few papyrus racing games back in the day, pritty cool!

Shame to see them die

MUYA
05-09-04, 02:43 AM
I remeber the Indy game they had..played on a 486DX and 4 mb of ram! :D Was cool too. Loved that game....ah well...

Smokey
05-09-04, 07:27 AM
Heh, was the Indy game made by them? I remember playing that on the ole 486 also :p

MUYA
05-09-04, 07:45 AM
Ya I think so :D final year of me Bachelor degree course IRC too.

Serath
05-09-04, 01:53 PM
I've still got the old Nascar Racing series of games from them :) Well I have the original (choose high or low rez baby!) and then the exact same game only with liscensed cars. Very much fun to crash. Sorry the companie's dead :/

Smokey
05-09-04, 01:58 PM
Ya I think so :D final year of me Bachelor degree course IRC too.

Heh, I was only 15 :)

nVidi0t
05-09-04, 04:06 PM
Damn, I have great memories of playing Indycar and getting it working with two joysticks. Man that owned.

jAkUp
05-09-04, 07:01 PM
Yea I remember indycar also.. great game... anyone remember psygnosis? they were one of my favorite companies back in the day...

GlowStick
05-09-04, 07:16 PM
Yea I remember indycar also.. great game... anyone remember psygnosis? they were one of my favorite companies back in the day...
Oh yeah, they made some killer playstation games.

Demolition Derby, Wipeout!

jAkUp
05-09-04, 07:44 PM
Yup ;) Destruction Derby was great... Destruction Derby 2 kinda lacked, but it was still good.

$kunk
05-09-04, 09:50 PM
That is sad news. Indycar Racing was the first game I owned for my first PC. I obvioulsy wasn't as fortunate as some of you guys as I was co-pro lacking - ran it on a 486SX 2/50 with 4Mb! Glorious days :)

nVidi0t
05-10-04, 05:11 AM
I have great memories of Destruction Derby and Wipeout also.

DD was the first game to really have a damage model, GG to Papyrus.

stncttr908
05-10-04, 10:07 AM
Their NASCAR series was awesome. Great games with a great community too. I hope at least the latter will live on and release new carsets.

Rob_0126
05-11-04, 10:10 AM
Yup ;) Destruction Derby was great... Destruction Derby 2 kinda lacked, but it was still good.

I thought Destruction Derby 2 was better, because the graphics were incredible looking for the PS1. I saw the cars when I loaded and I was like :drooling:

The music was tight then, when I was into metal.

Robert